In the last few weeks the Coronavirus has changed the way we go about our daily lives. In an effort to minimize the impact to our volunteers and clients, the Board has decided to change the way we distribute food from our warehouse & food kitchens. Listed are the changes we made:
- Food Warehouse: As of 4/2/2020: We will continue with our drive-up distribution of food, eliminating any close contact. All baskets will be filled by our volunteers inside the warehouse. Our clients will be asked to drive up and the food will be loaded in their cars. Normal hours 9:00- 12:00
- Food Kitchens: As of 4/2/2020: NHN values the safety of our clients & volunteers during this virus outbreak. We are therefore CLOSING OUR FOOD KITCHENS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. Once we determine it's safe to resume operation, we will notify the volunteers and general public.
- Food Warehouse Volunteers: A couple of things to note: (a) If you are scheduled to volunteer, please be assured we are observing all the CDC guidelines for social distancing, sanitizing, and use of masks and gloves to minimize risk. (b) If you are scheduled to volunteer and do not feel comfortable, please contact Garry.
- Social Media Connection: Please visit us on our Facebook page for any updates and announcements.
- Community Impact: With the unemployment rate rising daily, we will all experience the impact through loved ones, friends, and neighbors being furloughed from their jobs. Please spread the word that NHN Food Warehouse is still operating the 1st & 3rd Saturdays of each month.