Dear Grace Church,
Blessings and peace to you!
I wanted to take a moment to update you on the latest regathering news for Grace.
Last week, the Diocese gave permission for churches to move forward with an outdoor worship service. To regather outdoors, we were required to submit a procedural plan to ensure that we follow safety guidelines. The Vestry worked to outline our plan and it has been approved by Bishop Goff.
So what does that mean? It means that starting this
Sunday, June 28th at 10 am, you are invited to join us for outdoor worship in front of the sanctuary. For those of you who do not choose to attend, we will continue to hold our virtual service via Facebook Live at 11 am. (Please note this is a change in time).
Like all good plans, there are parameters that we must observe to make it safe for everyone so please take a minute to review them below:
- Reservations will be required via Sign Up Genius. Click here for the link.
- We will provide a handout with our safety guidelines to be distributed each Sunday. It will also be posted on all of our social media outlets and our website.
- No nursery will be available.
- All parishoners will be required to wear a face mask at all times. Individuals are encouraged to bring their own mask. Masks will also be on hand for those who arrive without proper face coverage.
- Parishoners will be asked to bring their own lawn chairs. If you do not have a lawn chair, a folding chair will be available that will be sanitized before and after the service.
- An usher will direct individuals and/or families to sit six feet apart from other households.
- Everyone will be directed to NOT shake hands or have any other physical contact.
- Paper bulletins will be printed and recycled after the service.
- We will set up a portable speaker with two portable microphones (one for the Rector and one for an additional reader).
- We will move an electronic keyboard outside to provide music before and after the service. We will ask all attendees to refrain from singing.
- Bathrooms will be open in the Parish Hall with hand sanitizer placed outside in the hallway. Individuals will be asked to only use the restrooms if necessary.
- Sanitizing wipes will be placed in each bathroom and surfaces will be wiped down after each use.
- We will put a notification on our website and FB page if service is cancelled due to rain.
- We will continue to have spiritual communion in place of physical communion.
- There will be no fellowship after the service.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email me. Otherwise, I look forward to experiencing this new phase with you. Let's be safe and joyfully regather as we protect the health of our entire community.