Dear Summit Families,
I am looking forward to a great year ahead, and I am pleased to extend my service to both the Upper and Lower Schools as PA president.
I find volunteering a rewarding experience. Giving my time to a school has always made me feel more connected to my children. I have organized bake sales and worked at book fairs. I have built sets for plays, volunteered in the classrooms, and helped with auctions at every school both of my children have ever attended. It has been hard work, but it has also been fulfilling. Over the years, I have worked with fellow parents that I loved and respected, and it felt good knowing that I was supporting all the children in the school as well as my own. I hope you will consider joining me this year.
Here are just a few ways you can help:
Join the PA
. Our goal is to reach 100% participation among our parents. While $80 is still our recommended dues level, no amount is too small (or too large).
Click here to join
Volunteer for one or more of the following
- Summit's Annual Benefit on Monday, November 19 -- it's Summit's 50th anniversary, and there's a lot to do;
- Be a coordinator for the Lower School's Swim-A-Thon;
- Be a coordinator for the PA's Lower School overnight trip to the Liberty Science Center;
- Help out with the Lower School Book Fair on November 8;
- Sign up to be a Lower School class parent; or
- Help coordinate Summit apparel -- ordering and distribution.
Attend the Summit PA meetings and Small Talks
. If you can't attend in person, join us over the phone. Parents can conference call meetings that are held at the Upper School.
Attend an event
. Look for invitations throughout the year for Summit sporting events, social activities, theater and musical performances, and art shows. Be sure to join us for the upcoming parent social on September 25 in Manhattan at Lucy's Cantina.
Click here to register and let us know
Your involvement makes all the difference!
The Summit School Parents' Association