CALL FOR SESSION PROPOSALS
PA Museums will present “Museums in the Moment”, our annual statewide museum conference in Pittsburgh scheduled for April 24-26, 2022. Museums are at a critical moment in time as our communities search for new ways to serve audiences with mindfulness and intention. Museums are crucial to this moment as our nation heals and moves ahead. Pittsburgh’s welcoming culture and rich heritage will be the backdrop and touchstone for our gathering.
Our conference attendees will connect and learn as we join together for special events showcasing our member museums, educational sessions, and keynote speakers. We will also celebrate the winners of our annual Special Achievement Awards and have many opportunities to meet colleagues. We look forward to seeing you there!
PA Museums invites you to submit a session proposal that speaks to our theme: Museums in the Moment. It has never been easier to send us a proposal with our new online form. The deadline to submit is October 22, 2021.
CALL FOR AWARDS NOMINATIONS
Each year, PA Museums recognizes the special achievements of museums and historical organizations in Pennsylvania. This is your invitation to nominate a project or process that is exemplary, or an individual for lifetime achievement.
PA MUSEUMS SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS:
- Serve as public recognition of staff and volunteers doing exemplary work;
- Encourage institutions to establish and maintain standards of excellence;
- Provide a vehicle to promote institutional achievement and individual professional success;
- Reinforce case statements attesting to the quality of your programs in grant applications, fundraising materials, or sponsorship proposals; and
- Publicly honor awardees with peers and invited guests at a special awards ceremony during PA Museums’ statewide conference.
Doesn’t your organization deserve to be there when awards are presented in 2022?
The deadline to submit nominations is October 22, 2021.
We recorded an informational webinar with PA Museums Board, staff and award winners from past years about completing an awards nomination. You can view that recording here.