- Fourth quarter 2020 estimated tax payments are due (final installment).
- Provide Form W-4 to your employer to make any changes in federal withholding in 2021.
- File 2020 Form W-2 Copy As and its transmittal and give employees their copies of Form W-2.
- File Form 941 for 4th quarter 2020, or annual Form 944. File Form 940 for 2020.
- File 2020 Form 1099-NEC Copy As and its transmittal. NOTE: Beginning 2020, Form 1099-NEC must be used for non-employee compensation paid to independent contractors instead of Form 1099-MISC.
- Distribute Forms 1099 to recipients for 2020.
Employers that paper file:
- Paper file Form 1096 with Copy A of all Forms 1099-MISC.
- Paper file ACS Forms 1094-B, 1095-B, 1094-C or 1095-C if required.
Employers: Distribute ACA Forms 1095-C to your employees if required.
Large food or beverage establishments who paper file: File Form 8027 to report 2020 tip income, reported tips, and allocated tips.
C Corporations & LLCs: File Form 2553 to choose to be treated as an S corporation beginning on January 1, 2021.
Calendar-Year S Corporations: 2020 Form 1120S due or file Form 7004 for an automatic six-month extension. Provide shareholders with copy of Schedule K-1.
Partnerships: 2020 Form 1065 due or file Form 7004 for automatic six-month extension. Provide partners with copy of Schedule K-1.
Employers that e-file:
- E-file Form 1096 with Copy A of all Forms 1099-MISC.
- E-file ACS Forms 1094-B, 1095-B, 1094-C or 1095-C if required.
Large food/beverage establishments that e-file: E-file Form 8027 to report 2020 tip income, reported tips, and allocated tips.