When music programs are scaled back or cut for any number of reasons, a child is unfortunately left underserved developmentally in vital cognitive, creative and auditory life skills. In order to serve the whole child, these skills are critical for decision making, emotional support and intellectual curiosity.
Embracing Wisconsin’s standards for General Music Education, Music In Me a 12-week residency fills the gap by incorporating vocal, instrumental and movement principles. The lessons will encourage self-confidence, spark creativity and develop music appreciation with an interactive lens.
Students will celebrate their work by presenting a performance that will leave them empowered with the ability to connect to their community through music.
Minimal: high school diploma and at least 2-5 years of teaching experience in a classroom setting OR in college pursing a degree in education with one semester student teaching.
Basic understanding of music theory/dance/movement
Preferred: College bachelor’s degree in music education or higher or equivalent Arts related degree. General ability to play piano, comfortable with technology. Experience teaching virtual a plus.
- Instruct and execute provided 1-hour lesson plans with professionalism and time management skills
- Be engaging with children and create a positive and safe learning environment
- Adapt teaching methods to meet every child’s need
- Communicate with “Realize Your Dream” staff on class goals and progress
- Attend all teacher lesson training sessions and meetings
- Work and collaborate with other teachers/volunteers-in and outside the classroom, prep, organize and maintain materials
- Instruct, sing, and move with energy that encourages involvement and inclusiveness