PATH Intl. is delighted to announce that applications are now being accepted for the PATH Intl. Certified Therapeutic Riding Instructor (CTRI) certification program!
How to Get Started
($150 for Professional and Professional Plus members; $250 for non-members or Participating members). This application is only for NEW instructors. If you currently certified and looking to transition to the CTRI credential, review the steps and form to complete transition here.
Follow the directions in your application purchase receipt and on the certification portal to submit your completed application online--including the video required for Part III*--no less than 90 days prior to the date you wish to take the certification exam.
Online submission of applications is encouraged for speedier processing (PDF format preferred). *All videos MUST be uploaded to the secure PATH Intl. Dropbox. See the Instructions for PATH Intl. CTRI Application booklet. NO EXCEPTIONS.
(Want to submit your application via mail or email? Make sure you've uploaded your video BEFORE sending your application.)
Allow 60 days for review and approval of your application.
Application policies to be aware of:
- Application fees are non-refundable and must be remitted prior to submitting an application.
- All five parts of the application requirements, including relevant supporting documentation, must be submitted at the same time. Separate documentation of individual requirements/forms will not be accepted unless requested as such.
- Applications must be postmarked or received by PATH Intl. NO LESS than 90 days prior to the applicant's intended examination date. For example, if you want to test on January 18, 2020, you must submit a full and complete application no later than October 18, 2019, by close of business to PATH Intl.
- In all instances, applicants should use only the forms provided to document completion of the application requirements. Using forms other than those provided may significantly delay review and processing of the application.
Upon approval of your application, complete the payment of the CTRI certification exam fee ($525 for Professional and Professional Plus members; $650 for non-members or Participating members).
What if your application is not approved? You will need to reapply, submitting new/additional documentation in order to fulfill the application requirements.
Receive an "Authorization to Test" letter, valid for one year.
3) Register directly with Pearson VUE for the certification
exam date and time of your choice during the following test administration windows:
January 18-25, 2020
April 18-25, 2020
August 1-8, 2020
November 14-21, 2020
NOTE: You will need to create an online account with Pearson VUE and have your Authorization to Test letter handy in order to complete registration.
Wondering what to expect at the testing center? View the video tutorial here.
Curious about how the certification exam will look when you're at the testing center? Check out the Pearson VUE demo test.