Telling Your BSA Story
Do you enjoy your Scouting experience? Then why not share it with others? Sharing your experience will show others the fun and values of Scouting, and could bring new members to your unit.
What Stories Can We Tell About Scouting?
• An amazing camping experience
• A fun activity, such as a Pinewood Derby, parade, etc.
• Achievements, including awards and rank advancement
• An interesting merit badge class
• An Eagle Project or other community service, such as Scouting for Food or Clean Sweep (litter removal)
• Unit historical events (first female Eagle Scout, third generation Eagle Scout, etc.)
• A Scout who did a good deed or showed heroism
• Other examples of Scouts having fun or putting the Scout Oath or Law into action
If you want to recognize your Scouts, if you want to recruit new members to your unit or if you just want to tell a good BSA story, consider spending a little bit of time to create and post positive and engaging stories in social media. In doing so, you might just discover a new passion.
Want more info on how to promote your Scouting program contact the Scout Service Center Today