PRT rejuvenates county efforts to find permanency for longstaying youth
The Permanency Roundtables Advisory Council met Nov. 15 under the new ODJFS contract with Kinnect. Participating counties are engaged in rebranding and relaunching, revising tools, and aligning metrics in order to begin recruiting new counties next year. The group established tasks and timelines, a 2020 meeting schedule, and a renewed commitment to the work.
OCWTP receives updates on university partnership
Kelly Lynch, state coordinator of the University Partnership Program, presented to the Ohio Child Welfare Training Program State Steering Committee Nov. 13. She charted the program's success as it approaches its 20th anniversary and showcased new tools for campus coordinators and field instructors, available
Anti-human trafficking update
PCSAO and grant partners provided an all-day human trafficking training to Muskingum County Children Services and its community partners on Nov. 13. PCSAO and grant partners provided an all-day human trafficking training to Montgomery County Job and Family Services and its community partners on Nov. 15.
The Freedom Network
on standards of care for the anti-human trafficking field. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) is hosting a webinar about the Preventing Sex Trafficking and Strengthening Families Act and its mandate for social service agencies to report children missing from foster care to law enforcement and NCMEC.
HOPE sets sights on 2020
HOPE, in partnership with other initiatives and programs in Ohio, is looking toward 2020. In the remaining weeks of 2019 HOPE will be reviewing lessons learned, outcomes and accomplishments of the counties providing HOPE services to inform the plans for the New Year.
Rules in Pre-Clearance: As of Nov. 15, no rules or forms are in pre-clearance.
Rules in Clearance: As of Nov. 15, no children services-related rules are in clearance.
Rules filed with JCARR:
- 5101:1-24-30, Kinship caregiver program: Final-filed Nov. 12; effective date Dec. 1.
- 5101:2-50-02, Requirements for bridges eligibility: Original-filed Nov. 14; hearing date Dec. 17.
- 5101:2-50-03, Bridges termination and reentry: Original-filed Nov. 14; hearing date Dec. 17.
- 5101:2-50-04, Bridges Title IV-E eligibility and reimbursability determination: Original-filed Nov. 14; hearing date Dec. 17.
- 5101:2-50-05, Bridges appeal process: Original-filed Nov. 14; hearing date Dec. 17.