PCSL & IFJ Families,
We hope you, your families and friends are staying safe during this time.  In our homes, just like your homes, we have been learning what "sustained E learning" is all about, trying to stay in virtual contact with our friends, family and coworkers and have been following the news nonstop. We have met as a group following the most recent updates from our federal, state and soccer governing bodies during this time and want to share how the Illinois Fire Juniors and PCSL are planning for our spring and summer months in response to COVID-19.
As you are likely aware, the federal and state governments have extended "Social Distancing" and "Shelter in Place" through the end of April. In addition, our governing body, Illinois Youth Soccer Association (IYSA) has extended their suspension of youth Soccer in Illinois through at least the end of April.  Given these recent updates, please see below for our plans for both Recreational and Travel. 
A quick heads up for all of our teams - IYSA is also the governing body that handles our insurance. Given the hold on all youth soccer through the end of April, any participation in virtual training or skill building is done at your own risk and will not be covered by IFJ/PCSL/IYSA insurance. 
PCSL Recreational Updates
Spring Season
With all of the unknowns at this time, we are exploring two parallel paths to ensure we can provide players with as much of a full soccer experience during this time as we can. The first option would include a late start to the season where we would start in May and extend the season into June or July, depending on the start date.  The other less favorable option, which may occur based on outside forces, would include cancelling soccer activities through May or June.  If this were to occur, we are looking at ways to credit player fees from the Spring to the Fall season or providing significant discounts to summer programming and camps.  Unfortunately, almost 90% of PCSL's fees are allocated to fixed costs such as facility lease, field maintenance and insurance. As a result, we will incur them even if a season is cancelled.  For this reason, we are looking into every option to ensure that we provide a great soccer experience to our families.
Fall Season
In light of this uncertainty, we are pushing back the "late fee implementation" for PCSL from April 1st to July 1st.  We recommend that your players are still registered by May 1st for optimal team placements and planning purposes.
We know that situations develop rapidly and we will share updates as we have them, but we will provide an update no later than April 24th. If you have questions in the interim, please email Pam Bauman at [email protected] .   
Travel Updates
Again, our philosophy and goal across the organization is to provide each player and family with the full soccer experience to the level which we are able during this time. We continue to monitor the schedules for tournaments and games for our travel teams and decisions around scheduling will be on a team by team basis. 
Just like the Recreational/PCSL schedule, there have been no decisions made in regards to credits for fees towards the Fall season. While there are a larger percentage of variable costs built into the travel fees (tournament costs, league costs and coaching), we still have fixed costs to cover with our Travel fees. Future decisions will be made on both a club wide and team by team basis once we have a better understanding of what this season will hold.
At this time, we are working under the assumption that we will be able to hold tryouts, but we are working on contingency plans so that we are ready to go for the Fall season. We will continue to evaluate the feasibility of tryouts as more information becomes available. 
Other Leagues
We have received word that ICSL has been cancelled.  CIYSL is planning to resume their May schedule as planned and extend into the summer months.   Super Y is still evaluating current options and will be in touch as plans come together.
Similar to our communication with the PCSL teams, this situation is developing and updating rapidly and we will share updates with you as we have them, but we will provide an update no later than April 24th. If you have questions in the interim, please email Tammy Stauffer at [email protected] .  
Our commitment to your family is that we will continue to communicate the best we can, and as soon as we have information to share. 
Thank you for your continued patience, and we hope you stay safe and healthy!

Board of Directors
Illinois Fire Juniors & Prairie Cities Soccer League

Prairie Cities Soccer League/Illinois Fire Juniors
705 E. Lincoln, Ste. 113
Normal, IL 61761