Fall Speaker November 14, 2019
- Author and psychologist Lisa Damour, PhD
- “Confronting the Epidemic of Stress and Anxiety in Tweens and Teens”
- The National Presbyterian School (4121 Nebraska Avenue, NW, Washington, DC)
- Light fare at 8:30 am
- Presentation at 9:00 am
- Book signing at 10:30 am
- We are now at capacity, if you would like your name to be added to our waitlist please email email@example.com.
Meet & Greet Coffee November 20, 2019
- Informal coffee for PCW Representatives and PA Presidents
- Le Pain Quotidien 4874 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington, DC 20016
- 8:30-10:30 am
- RSVP here
Movie Screening & Moderated Discussion December 5, 2019
Please reach out to your school community and encourage parents, educators, and friends to attend our movie screening on December 5th.
- Print and post flyer at your school.
- Ask your school's webmaster and/or Director of Communications to put a link to the program on your school's website.
- Send an email to your friends encouraging them to come.
- Please put a blurb in your school's newsletter. Here's some language you can use:
- This year the Parents Council of Washington's Best Practices Forum will take the form of a film screening of Screenagers NEXT CHAPTER: Uncovering Skills for Stress Resilience followed by a moderated discussion with Ned Johnson and Bill Stixrud, authors of The Self-Driven Child. The screening will take place on Thursday, December 5, 2019 from 9:00 - 11:30 am at Landmark Theatres (Bethesda Row Cinema, 7235 Woodmont Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814). Download flyer here & RSVP here.
- Most Importantly - Come to the event yourself and bring a friend!
Lower School Forum October 22, 2019
Stay informed 24/7: