The Puster PTO nominating committee will be taking nominations for all of the board positions at this time, as well as taking information on committee interests. As always, we encourage your involvement and welcome your input as we begin to create our board for next year. We have provided a list of positions and a brief description of each position. If you have interest in any position(s), please complete this form by March 26, 2021. The nominating committee will present the nominations to the current PTO board members and will be voted on at the next membership meeting following the announcement.
- President: Presides over all meetings, coordinates efforts of the board, liaisons to school district.
- Vice President: Aid to the president and presides in his/her absence.
- VP Programs: Coordinates programs sponsored by the PTO. Researches, secures and facilitates the events.
- VP Membership: In charge of membership drive, soliciting new members, reporting numbers to board, and overseeing Outstanding Service Awards
- VP Ways and Means: In charge of fundraising for the PTO.
- Secretary: Takes minutes and maintains accurate records of board and general meetings.
- Treasurer: Custodian of all funds and keeps books of receipts and expenses.
- Parliamentarian: Advises president of parliamentary procedure for meetings.
- Historian: Prepares and updates a record of the activities and achievements of the PTO and makes historical facts available on request to the membership. The historian assists in the taking of and collecting of photographs from school events for use in the yearbook and oversees the design and execution of the yearbook.
- Arts in Education/Art to GO: Works with the Council Art Chair to ensure our school is participating in district wide art programs (i.e.- the Reflections program)
- Council Rep: Represent PES on the Lovejoy ISD Council of PTOs.
- Environmental chair: Plans and implements environmentally friendly projects.
- Youth Protection chair:
- Hospitality: Responsible for coordinating teacher hospitality activities.
- Legislative: Keeps PTO Board informed and aware of current legislative actions.
- Volunteer Coordinator: Coordinates and publishes volunteer opportunities.
- Digital Administrator (website, newsletter, database) Maintains the PES PTO website, the database and sends weekly email communications to all Puster PTO members.
- Room Parent Representative: The Room Parent Rep communicates grade level needs to Grade Level Coordinators who then work with Room Parents to fulfill those needs.
School Supplies: Gathers the supply lists for each grade and sends them to companies for price quotes. After selecting a company, this person distributes order forms to parents and submits orders and then delivers supplies to each teacher prior to Meet the Teacher night
- Spirit Wear: Designs and creates new spirit wear and grade level field day/trip shirts for Puster that produces profit to help support PTO programs and promotes a sense of school spirit. Must be available to work Back to School Night, Ice Cream Social, FFFN
- Welcoming: The Welcoming chair informs families new to the school about the PTO- its goals, programs and opportunities to be involved.
Grade Level Coordinators (PK-4): Work with the Room Parent Rep and Volunteer Coordinator and all classroom moms of a given grade level to organize class parties, and facilitate teacher appreciation week, teacher birthday gifts, etc. He/she communicates with grade level heads and ensures teachers’ needs are met on a grade level basis.