At this stage PFC staff have been tasked with developing contingency plans for their program areas. This is multi-faceted and includes projections for possible changes to field permits, season lengths, coach meetings, uniform delivery and the list goes on. Many decisions are impacted by our partners such as Ontario Soccer who will dictate when OPDL or GTISL can return to league play. The City of Pickering who issue our field permits will decide on when we can get access to our fields for training and competition. There is much that we can control and plenty that we can't, so the PFC Board will meet next week via conference call to assess our current situation to ensure we make the right plans for the summer season. We will keep you regularly updated via email and social media as details can be confirmed during this complex and fluid time.
We are still very hopeful that this summer will still go ahead, even if it is a little shorter than usual and we know you, like us, will be desperate to get out on the fresh green grass. We all know the inherent value of sport for our kids (and if you don't here's a reminder, see below) while we sometimes forget the great value it has for us as a parent (another reminder here, see below). In the coming days and weeks we'll provide a deeper insight into our programs and visions so you can be even better informed on the structure and purpose of your Club.
Your support, as always, is greatly appreciated and gives the staff and board a huge boost knowing that the work we do is continuing to foster a love of this sport.
If you have any questions or comments about this message please email
with 'COVID Update' in the Subject line.
Matt Greenwood, PFC Executive Director