Grace Connection Church Neighbors and Supporters of preserving the Single-Family neighborhoods of Saint Petersburg
Feb. 11th, be at Sunshine Center by 1:30 PM (2:00 start time)
Voice your concerns regarding the application
submitted by Blue Skies Community for their high-density development.
Address is Sunshine Center, 330 5th St N, St.Petersburg, FL
To share the information on this Public Hearing, you may use this link:
Points to remember during our engagement with the city and other government agencies on this matter:
- Can we win? YES! We met with lawyers and a political advocate and have formulated a multi-tier plan based on previous wins. #1 Stand up and be counted, be active, be present.
- Our platform has not changed; first and foremost, we are against the destruction of a church to make way for a multi-story, multi-family complex, which is completely out of place considering the surrounding community of single-family homes. NO HIGH DENSITY REZONING!
- Blue Skies Community has stated their intent is for 55+ community. Don’t fall for this. Same impacts to our community and environment. The City is trying to soften the public response.
- Whenever you address our city officials please be respectful, they will be more receptive.
- We are keeping our objections short and general.
- Make your voice heard! Emails, letters, phone calls (short and general):
- Send emails to each of the council members and state your objection.
- Letters: Nothing has as much impact as a good ‘ol fashion letter. You can use the same format as email.
Constant Contact is our email platform.