Dear PHJA Members,
We have an Exciting Opportunity for PHJA Members
Pensacola Hunter Jumper Association is now a
USHJA Affiliate Association. There are a number of wonderful benefits available to PHJA members as an Affiliate Association.
The first, and most exciting, is the opportunity for PHJA to send a minimum of two - potentially six - (space permitting) PHJA riders to compete in the
USHJA Affiliate Championships
held at the
AON/USHJA National Championships
at the Las Vegas National, CS13*-W, November 11-17
The Affiliate Championships will consist of two sections:
- 2' USHJA Hunter section
- 2'6" USHJA Hunter section
As an Affiliate Member Association, we are invited to submit entries for three horse-and-rider combinations for each of these sections.
One horse and rider combination per Affiliate per section will be accepted and the additional second or third horse and rider entries will be accepted as space permits.
Note: Horses do not have to be registered with USHJA and riders do not have to be members of USHJA to participate in these sections.
- Riders are limited to one horse per section
- This is open to juniors and amateurs only
- Riders must be a PHJA member in good standing (if not sure - contact us prior to submitting your application)
Riders interested in this opportunity are asked to submit an application to the PHJA Affiliate Championship Selection Committee. The Championship Selection Committee will select and prioritize three horses/riders per section to participate in the Championships.
All Selection Committee Decisions will be final.
Application guidelines and forms are in the links below.
- July 19 - PHJA Affiliate Applications Open (document links are below and posted at www.phja.org)
- Applications Due by 5 pm Monday, 8/21
- Submit Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (678) 807-1353
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered
- Rider Selection Announced 8/28
- September 13 Rider non-refundable application fee ($50) due to USHJA
- Championships November 11-17, Las Vegas, Nevada
We hope you are as excited as we are for this opportunity for our riders to compete in a National Championship and to represent the Pensacola Hunter Jumper Association.
Best of Luck to all applicants!