our Valued PINKK
PINKK is a community built on connection and kindness and human interaction and the fundamental belief of supporting one another.
In times of crisis and disaster, whether natural or man-made, we see again and again the human capacity for building each other up. We have heard many times about how crises bring out the best in us — a barn-raising, we’re-all-in-this-together spirit: supporting each other, persevering together, and in many cases saving lives.
In The New Yorker, Bill McKibben identifies a particular challenge of the coronavirus outbreak: the way we’ve been told to help others is by staying away from each other.
As McKibben writes, “that makes epidemiological sense, but it also makes us a little crazy: social distancing, quarantine and isolation go hard against the
instinct that makes us who we are.” So as we familiarize ourselves with this new normal, it’s vital that we practice social distancing — but also preserve our instinct for connection by balancing our instinct for survival with our instinct for empathy and caring for each other.
Let's all try and be there or others in whatever way we can, whether it is just a call to check in or an e-mail or a note or text to say hello. We all need a community of support to thrive.
BE KIND & BE WELL!
Out of an abundance of caution for your personal safety and well being we are
March WOMEN'S History Month NETWORKING
at NoMi on March 26
Date TBD but when the national picture is more clear, we will reschedule this and thank you all for your patience and kindness as we traverse these unknown waters together.
All who purchased a ticket (thank you) your purchase will be held and transferred for the future event.
- We are looking into MORE online webinars in near future. More details to come as we prioritize member needs and wants.
- PERSONAL BRANDING WORKSHOP: Tell your story and build YOUR Brand Value prop: final dates and details TBD - led by Athena Golianis
- PINKK PANEL Inspiration Event: By Popular demand this returns -hear from amazing women that will inspire with their journeys and stories: Thursday, October 1, 5:30 - 8:00 pm (Discount for Members)
- Nominations are being accepted NOW
- HOLIDAY KINDNESS LUNCHEON: Our tradition continues because you asked: Tuesday, December 8, 12-2 (Discounts for Members)
- Our PINKK Mentoring Program will BE BACK In April! Call for applications will go out in mid April.
- It will be a 12 week program. Applications and details will be sent in advance
- We will send out dates and information on how to apply to be a mentor or mentee next month as planned. If interested contact email@example.com and we will follow-up.
STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS and all
We are looking for volunteers who want to contribute to these events.
Please note: MEMBERS are
FREE or discounts for all offerings here!
We VALUE our members!
STORY TELLING and KINDNESS CAN CHANGE THE WORLD!
Our popular book is now out and discounted for month of March!
Proceeds go to PINKK programming so please consider purchasing and supporting our community. We are donating to libraries and upon request is available in bookstores.
FLYING BY THE SEATS OF THEIR SKIRTS
Have you wondered how your personal story can affect and inspire others?
Flying by the Seats of Their Skirts
s a collection of stories from real women that do just that.
In addition to inspiring you, we hope the book will also perhaps cause you to pause, reflect, and go ahead and write your own story. Be transparent, vulnerable and truthful as you share it with the world!
Flying by the Seats of Their Skirts
- A captivating story in each chapter, written by a woman using one word that currently defines how she is showing up in the world.
- Stories with a foundation in kindness via topics like resilience, gratitude, bravery, perseverance, giving, hunger, passion, positivity and more.
- Empowering you with the knowledge that the same challenges we all face will continue when good capable women do nothing. These stories break that mold.
- True stories that are real, raw, and powerful. They’re here for you—with great love. Break out and share your true self with the world!
- Here are the tools to help you do all of that and more. So, come fly with us and let’s soar together!
You can purchase here:
OTHER THINGS PINKK: GO FORWARD with kindness today!
- If you have ideas contact us and tell us what you have in mind to lead or organize or how you want to contribute and build our community in 2020 together!