PINKK SPRING INSPIRATION!
There are signs of spring and hope all around us even during these challenging times. Yes. It’s possible that the coronavirus will forever change how we interact and live in the world but nature perseveres and so will we. All in our own ways. We can find inspiration in one another and in so many places if we open our eyes and heart we can catch a glimpse!
Tonight Tuesday, April 7, you can catch a glimpse of April’s full Pink Moon. This full Moon—which is a supermoon, the first full Moon of spring, and the Paschal Full Moon—will be visible after sunset and reach peak illumination at 10:35 P.M. EDT.
Super Pink Moon: The Biggest and Brightest Supermoon of the Year
Before you get your hopes up like me this morning this “Super Pink Moon” won’t actually look “super pink”—or any hue of pink, really. The Moon will be its usual golden color near the horizon and fade to a bright white as it glides overhead. Thanks to the fact that April’s full Moon will be closer to Earth than either other supermoon in the series, it will be t
he biggest and brightest full Moon of 2020!
So Then Why Is It Called the Pink Moon?
Although we wish this name had to do with the color of the Moon, the reality is not quite as mystical or awe-inspiring. In truth, April’s full Moon often corresponded with the early springtime blooms of a certain wildflower ( Phlox also called Pink Moss) Thanks to this seasonal association, this full Moon came to be called the Pink Moon! It is sure to inspire.
INSPIRATION IS WHERE WE FIND IT...
We may find inspiration for this new normal in poetry, philosophy, religion, art or nature. It will be different for each of us.
We have all now been forced to pause. And during this pause, we are discovering that certain parts of life were not as essential as we thought — and just as important, rediscovering certain essential parts we had forgotten. It’s a kind of Marie Kondo exercise for our whole life, stripping away what is not needed and moving to our more essential nature.
As Pope Francis said
in the blessing he delivered
while praying for an end to the coronavirus, “It is a time to choose what matters and what passes away, a time to separate what is necessary from what is not.”
As M.I.T. professor Alan Lightman
, history shows that periods of adversity yield new habits of mind. “The frightening COVID-19 pandemic may be creating such a change now — by forcing many of us to slow down, to spend more time in personal reflection, away from the noise and heave of the world. With more quiet time, more privacy, more stillness, we have an opportunity to think about who we are, as individuals and as a society.”
The coronavirus crisis has awakened something spiritual in us. According to the
Pew Research Center
, a majority of Americans have prayed for the end of the pandemic — including 15% of those who say they seldom or never pray. Whether or not we belong to any religious or spiritual tradition, there is a renewed awareness of the need to take care not just of our physical health but our mental, emotional and spiritual health — to take care of our souls. At a time when the apocalypse is very much part of the conversation, Jacqueline Hidalgo, chair of religion at Williams College,
The New York Times
, “It’s not just about the end of the world. It helps us see something that was hidden before.” Indeed, apocalypse derives from the Greek apokalypsis, meaning unveiling or revelation.
As philosophy professor Byron Williston
: “There’s this kind of stillness or suspension of everyday activity that has fallen upon us now. And I think that’s an opportunity for people to raise these questions about their life projects and what really matters to them.”
“What is a good life?” has been a question asked by philosophers going back to the ancient Greeks. But somewhere along the line we abandoned the question and shifted our attention to how much money and status we can accumulate. Now in this forced pause these big questions about life are creeping back into our consciousness. And the collective longing is growing to stop living in the shallows and recognize that life is actually shaped from the inside out — a truth that has been celebrated by spiritual teachers, poets and philosophers throughout the ages and that we are all now being called to rediscover.
Credit and gratitude to Angie Cominos Koehler for the PINK Moon inspiration and to Arriana Huffington for sharing her inspiration.
What inspires YOU? How can PINKK support you? Let's all try and be there for others in whatever way we can. We do not know what others are experiencing right now as we are feeling alone, but we are in it together and we can all be of service and inspire.
BE KIND & BE WELL!
As promised we have been offering on line webinars and zoom meet ups to connect and inspire with PINKK community and friends on a regular basis now.
NEXT WEBINAR DATE Wednesday, April 15 @ NOON
Find Purpose in the Pause:
How to Turn Fear into Faith and Ferocity.
Invite with details yet to come.
Feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
We will continue to offer FREE NEW online webinars over next weeks
If you have ideas contact us and tell us what you have in mind to lead or organize or how you want to contribute and build our community in 2020 together!
Please join us for our PINKK Power Hour EVERY THURSDAY until end of May and will go from there and will adapt as we learn from all of you. We will connect casually for 30 - 45 minutes virtually and with intent and heart.
Here is the invite and log in information.
Wear PINK. Drink PINK. Think PINKK.
Be part of PINKK online!
See you on Thursday's!
Topic: PINKK Power Hour Share
5:30 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Every week on Thu, until May 28, 2020
oin Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 303 421 273
- PERSONAL BRANDING WORKSHOP: Tell your story and build YOUR Brand Value prop: final dates and details TBD - led by Athena Golianis
- PINKK PANEL Inspiration Event: By Popular demand this returns -hear from amazing women that will inspire with their journeys and stories: Thursday, October 1, 5:30 - 8:00 pm (Discount for Members)
- Nominations are being accepted NOW
- HOLIDAY KINDNESS LUNCHEON: Our tradition continues because you asked: Tuesday, December 8, 12-2 (Discounts for Members)
- Our PINKK Mentoring Program will BE BACK In April! Call for applications will go out April 22.
- It will be a 12 week program. Applications and details will be sent in advance and will be on website.
- We will send out dates and information on how to apply to be a mentor or mentee next month as planned. If interested contact email@example.com and we will follow-up. If you choose the mentoring can be done remotely as we have had varied cities involved in the past for the pilot.
STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS and all
We are looking for volunteers who want to contribute to these events.
Please note: MEMBERS are
FREE or discounts for all offerings here!
We VALUE our members!
STORY TELLING and KINDNESS CAN CHANGE THE WORLD!
Our popular book is now out and discounted to make accessible to all!
Proceeds go to PINKK programming so please consider purchasing and supporting our community. We are donating to libraries and upon request is available in bookstores.
FLYING BY THE SEATS OF THEIR SKIRTS
Have you wondered how your personal story can affect and inspire others?
Flying by the Seats of Their Skirts
s a collection of stories from real women that do just that.
In addition to inspiring you, we hope the book will also perhaps cause you to pause, reflect, and go ahead and write your own story. Be transparent, vulnerable and truthful as you share it with the world!
Flying by the Seats of Their Skirts
- A captivating story in each chapter, written by a woman using one word that currently defines how she is showing up in the world.
- Stories with a foundation in kindness via topics like resilience, gratitude, bravery, perseverance, giving, hunger, passion, positivity and more.
- Empowering you with the knowledge that the same challenges we all face will continue when good capable women do nothing. These stories break that mold.
- True stories that are real, raw, and powerful. They’re here for you—with great love. Break out and share your true self with the world!
- Here are the tools to help you do all of that and more. So, come fly with us and let’s soar together!
You can purchase here:
OTHER THINGS PINKK: GO FORWARD with kindness today!
- If you have ideas contact us and tell us what you have in mind to lead or organize or how you want to contribute and build our community in 2020 together!