We recently announced that pending regulatory approval, a credit of 15% will be applied to two months of premiums for those policies in force as of April 30 in recognition of the temporary reduction in vehicle miles driven. We are calling this credit our Feel Secure Auto credit.
Premium returned benefits our 165,000 Personal Auto customers. The returned premiums will not impact agency commissions.
We expect the credit to be applied to the policyholder’s next premium balance or refunded if premium was paid in full beginning in May.
Communication to policyholders
To share this good news with policyholders, we have completed the following:
- Over 17,000 Personal Lines policyholders, who have registered an account on the Online Insurance Center, were sent an email communication. Click on the social media icons to share it on your social media accounts or link the news from your website
- We posted the information on our social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. We'd love for you to share our post with your followers.
- We sent a press release to over 1,000 media outlets in our territory.
- We developed a flyer that you can share with your clients insured by Penn National Insurance.
Helping support our policyholders and our community
In addition to providing this premium credits to policyholders, we continue to support all our customers and the greater community in a number of ways.
- Flexible billing – We are providing an extended 30-day premium grace period to allow customers more time to pay before cancellation notices are sent, and are also following state-specific directives. We are waiving late fees and reinstatement fees. Our Customer Contact Center representatives also have the authority switch a policyholder to a more convenient payment plan.
- Uninterrupted customer support – Thanks to our technology and business continuity preparations, we continue to be available during normal business hours. Also, our customers can report claims 24/7.
- Support for front-line healthcare workers – We recently donated over 19,000 respirator masks to a local hospital in Harrisburg, Pa. We appreciate the tireless work of all healthcare professionals and will continue to look for ways to support them.
We hope that this email finds you, your co-workers and families safe and healthy. While the uncertainty continues for all of us, one thing is for sure. We are
here for you
and will continue to keep you
informed of new developments.