Good afternoon ,
Especially at this time, it's good & right that CVA works closely with all the peak bodies that are involved in our sector, and we have been doing just that.
As an example, we have been working with QORF to have COVID Safe Plans approved in QLD and the following information came via them.
So, please be aware that the COVID Safe Plans for Activity Providers and Outdoor Education Providers have been updated and you can access them
Under the Outdoor Activity plan:
- Full contact is permitted on the ‘field of play’ in line with pre-COVID contact activities - for example, getting in close to check a climbing harness.
- There are special conditions that apply to events
And from July 24:
- All patrons in food and drink venues must be seated when eating or drinking. They can still order, pay or collect food and drinks at the service counter, but they’ll need to pull up a chair to drink and eat.
- Events may operate in compliance with an Approved Industry or Site Specific Plan, in addition to a COVID SAFE Event Plan. If more than 500 people will be attending an event operating under an Industry or Site Specific Plan, the organiser must tell the local public health unit at least 10 business days before the event date.
Under the Outdoor Education plan:
- Maximum group size is limited to 100 pax (inc instructors & teachers).
- The easing of the 4 sqm rule (now 2 sqm), applies to kids only.
- Full contact is permitted on the ‘field of play’ (see above).
Chief Executive Officer