COVID-19 Status Updates
as of March 17, 2020
Dear St. Matthew Family and Friends,
We know that God is in control and is at work powerfully through His people. Please continue with us in prayer during this challenging time.
Please see the the list of ministry updates below, based on the current COVID-19 status. We respond not out of fear, but out of care and concern in protecting our staff, our members, our community, and ultimately the vulnerable in our society. In accordance with the Pandemic Plan, the Implementation Team prayerfully made the following decisions based on faith, the best facts as we know them, and God-given wisdom. We pray that our actions and decisions are a reflection of God's love among others around us, that we model Jesus' love, care, mercy, and grace for His people, and that others come to understand His goodness through our response.
The list below will be reevaluated by March 26
or before, if the situation warrants
, based on the circumstances. Please know that leadership is taking the situation very seriously.
- Worship - A special Elders meeting will address this tonight. Please stay tuned to find out more info regarding worship going forward. We are looking into safe and creative alternatives.
- Hearts & Hands will be closed through March 27. Pray for staff and families affected.
- School teachers and students are well on their way with the remote education experience. Teachers and students are doing a great job! NLSA has been postponed until the fall.
- All ministry events, activities, and most classes etc. are cancelled, including CR tonight. Please contact individual leaders for further information. We are looking into safe, creative alternatives to in-person meetings.
- Staffing at the church will be kept at a minimum. We do not have any reported cases of COVID-19 in our facilities, and we are doing our best to protect our staff. Arrangements are being made for some staff to work from home.
- The Church Office will remain open for limited business hours. Right now the hours are M-F, 9a-3p. We are working hard to limit our own staff's exposure, while still supporting a ministry we are committed to keep going. If you have church business, if possible, please conduct it via email or phone. If you must come to the church, be mindful of the revised hours and take proper precautions. We will be checking voicemail regularly during those hours, if the phone is not answered.
- The Walled Lake and Wixom buildings will remain locked, and we would like to limit people coming into the building, so as to protect the staff who remain on site, and anyone else required to be in the facility. If you come to the Walled Lake Campus during 9a-3p hours, you may need to ring the bell to be allowed in the building.
- Please look for ways to stay connected with people!
- Zoom may be a tool that we use for ministry during this time. Please take a moment to download the app or set up a free account! Watch for more info to come.
- For those of you familiar with Destination Imagination, now is the time to go into DI mode - in our daily lives and in reaching out to our community with God's love. This is God's Ultimate DI Challenge for His Church! The only required tool that we must use is God's Word. Time to think outside the box and problem solve how to Be The Church! Please join us in ministry and help us. We are committed to continuing ministry and mission in our community and ask for you to assist in any way you can.
- Finally, please continue to give grace to others and yourself during this time. God will get us through.
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35 (NIV)
May God continue to grant us wisdom, love, peace and protection!
Pastor Paul and Pastor Michael