"And what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?” - Micah 6:8
"You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
“You have made public profession of your faith. Do you intend to continue in the covenant God made with you in Holy Baptism...to strive for justice and peace in all the earth?”
Climate justice is at the heart of “doing justice” and “loving neighbor” in our day. By partnering with the Center, congregations and synods engage in the baptismal vocation of “striving for justice and peace in all the Earth.”
Partner Congregations and Synods:
Pray for the Center’s work, pray for program participants around the globe especially those who are suffering the ravages of climate change, and pray for climate “justice…in all the earth."
Support the Center’s work generously with financial gifts.
Watering Congregations: In this exciting inaugural year, the seed has been planted for the tree that is the PLTS Center for Climate Justice and Faith. Now the seed needs water. We trust that the Spirit will move at least ten “watering congregations” to step forth with gifts of $500 – $5,000 to enable this tree to flourish and bear rich fruit in the years to come. However, we know full well that some congregations do not have such resources, and we eagerly welcome them also as partners and as generously watering congregations.
Partner Congregations and Synods are invited and encouraged also to:
Send a team to the Center’s annual training in Community Organizing for Climate Justice as Faith Active in Love. Link here!
Enroll one or more persons in the Center’s Climate Justice and Faith Certificate (either an individual or a team from the congregation or synod). Link here!
Form a congregational or synodical climate justice team or creation care team if one does not already exist.
Include climate justice in the educational programs of the congregation or synod.
Include climate justice in the social ministries of the congregation/synod in collaboration with interfaith partners or other community partners.
Incorporate climate justice in worship.
Benefits to Partner Congregations and Synods
· For those sending teams to the training in Community Organizing for Climate Justice: on-going mentoring to strengthen the work of the congregation or synod.
· Networking and generative conversation with other congregations and synods in the Circle of Partner Congregations and Synods.
· On-going notices from the Center about its programs and about other opportunities for participating in God’s work of bringing life in its fullness to Earth’s web of life.
· A resource guide to be available by end of 2021.
· The joy of having engaged – in this vital way – in the baptismal vocation to “seek justice and peace in all the Earth.”
· The joy of having heeded – in this vital way – God’s call to love neighbor as self and to “serve and preserve” God’s garden.