For the third consecutive year, the largest group of recent homebuyers were Millenials who composed 35% of all buyers. This is more than double the amount of younger and older boomers, according to the
NAR Generational Trends Report
|Awards and Honors
PMAR Honors 2016 Award Winners
At the PMAR Installation Luncheon on January 19th, PMAR was proud to recognize several award winners for their service to the Real Estate industry.
- Jeff Wiren, Premiere Property Group, was recognized as the 2016 PMAR Realtor® of the Year
- Evan Swanson, Mortgage Trust, received the 2016 PMAR Member Active in Politics award
- Pat Kaplan, Kaplan Real Estate Group, received the National Association of REALTORS® 2016 Distinguished Service Award
|Realtor® Organization Awards $31,000 in Grants to Local Homeownership Groups
PMAR, in partnership with the Oregon Association of Realtors® HOME Foundation awarded grants to nine non-profit organizations in the Portland metropolitan area that provide homeownership opportunities and retention throughout the region. Recipients included:
- African American Alliance for Homeownership (AAAH)
- Community Energy Project
- Hacienda CDC
- Native American Youth and Family Center (NAYA)
- Portland Community Reinvestment (PCRI)
- The Portland Housing Center
- Proud Ground
- Rebuilding Together Portland
- Remodeling for Independence Together - ReFit
Since its inception, the OAR HOME Foundation has contributed more than $1 million to non-profit homeownership organizations.
|Governmental Affairs Update
Portland Home Energy Score Mandate Adopted
Despite PMAR's efforts,
the Portland City Council adopted the home energy score disclosure mandate by unanimous vote. The new policy, effective January 1, 2018, requires sellers of single-family homes to:
- Obtain a home energy performance report
- Provide a copy of the home energy score to the listing real estate agent
- Include the energy score in any real estate listing
- Provide a copy of the performance report to prospective buyers who visit the home while the listing is active
- Provide a copy of the performance report to the City of Portland
During the coming year, PMAR will be working with OAR, OREF and RMLS to determine next steps. We will also be involved in the City of Portland's rule writing.
Around the Region
Regional - State of City Presentations
Elected officials within the metropolitan region are stepping up once again to their respective podiums in an effort to convey to their constituents, interested parties and each other, their respective successes - past, present and future economic development approaches, transportation and water hurdles and, in general, what they feel constitute the most critical matters to be addressed going forward in their city.
Click below to read excerpts from Canby Mayor Brian Hodson and Tualatin Mayor Lou Ogden's State of the City addresses. Also, there are several upcoming opportunities for Realtors
® to hear/watch/participate in city presentations within the next few weeks.
2017 Dues are Due!
$100 Late Fee Effective February 1st
If you haven't paid your 2017 Realtor® dues, don't delay! January 31st at 5:00 p.m. is the deadline. As of February 1st, a $100 late fee will be required with dues.
HOW TO PAY:
- Online at WWW.NAR.REALTOR. This is the NAR website. Click "Pay Dues", sign in, and follow instructions. For tech assistance, call 1-800-874-6500.
- Call PMAR at 503-228-6595 and pay with your Visa, MasterCard or Discover card.
- Mail a check to PMAR, 150 SW Harrison St., Suite 200, Portland, OR 97201. MUST BE POSTMARKED BY JAN. 31.
Questions? Contact PMAR at 503-228-6595.
PMAR Masters Circle
Applications Due Now - First Advertising Deadline is Friday, January 27th
Membership in the PMAR Masters Circle recognizes your successful real estate career, a result of your dedication and hard work. Let your customers know that you have a proven track record of success! Click here to download a 2017 application.
To learn more about benefits and qualifications
. For additional information email
or call 503-459-2152.
Market Outlook for Portland
Named one of the most interesting people in Real Estate by Inman News, Jonathan Smoke has a reputation for shaking up the status quo.
Thursday, February 9th | Noon to 1:30 p.m.
with Jonathan Smoke, Chief Economist at realtor.com
Join Jonathan and the PMAR Young Professionals Network for a look at key economic and housing trends both nationally and in Portland, including the hottest zip codes and demographics that are driving the local market.
1 Hour CE credit will be issued.
Registration Deadline: 5:00 p.m. on Monday, February 6th.
Four Hours Free CE Now Available
OREF, LLC and OnlineEd Partner with Online Curriculum
- Log on to www.onlineed.com
- Click on "Real Estate, then "Oregon"
- Scroll down to the individual 1-hour courses
- Before/After Occupancy
- Property Disclosure
- Well/On-Site Sewage System Addendum
- 2017 Residential Sale Agreement and Matrix
to catch up on past issues of OREF E-News.
Tim Cook: PMAR made a donation in his name to the OAR Home Foundation.
Reid Martin: PMAR made a donation in his name to the OAR Home Foundation.
PMAR Membership Recap (01/17):
Institute Affiliates: 115
Life Members: 51
Secondary (dual) Members: 55