"My goals have been shifting quite a bit over the last couple of years. Being flexible with your goals, in my opinion, allows you to remain positive during new or difficult times. My professional life has been in a state of constant influx, trying new business ideas, failing quickly, but always course correcting to continue moving forward. Personally, I had to adjust to a new way of life when I found out we were expecting my son, Weston. All of this is to preface my situation, and how my goals are never static, but rather fluid.
Professionally my overarching goal is to create at least 5 different income streams. Now how I do this is where being flexible comes into play.
- I have a full-time job that I love. This provides me stability for my family, and the appropriate benefits to create a comfortable life.
- I am a Sales Consultant to a couple of early stage start-ups. Mentoring, Coaching, and Managing the overall sales teams.
- I’ve invested in a handful of rentals throughout the Puget Sound area that provide additional monthly income.
- Goal: Flip 4 homes in 2022.
- Goal: Identify another passive (or as little work to manage) income stream.
Personally, my goals are always changing. My core character is solid but does need to be re-evaluated from time-to-time to make sure I’m remaining true to myself. My personal goals are more nuanced as they can be hard to quantify.
- My top goal is to be the best possible partner, and father.
- Take better care of my physical & mental health. This one can be tricky as work/society can put stresses on me that are out of my control, but the trick is to identify these situations early and adjust.
- Read more books. I’ve never been a big reader, so for me it’s finding something that grabs my attention in the beginning.
- Develop a hobby. I’ve dabbled in several hobbies but haven’t stuck with one. I would like to find something that I can get lost in.
- Be the most positively authentic version of myself.
I appreciate this opportunity to share my goals, and hope they inspire others to reflect on what is most important to them and then go for it!"
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your goals Ben! These are incredible and I have no doubt you will summit each and every one of them, one step at a time, one week at a time!