ADVERTISE IN THIS
Reach 3,000 members monthly for pennies!
SECTION CONFERENCE IN SPOKANE - Registration Is Now Open
The 2020 Section Conference will be in Spokane,
April 29- May 1. The technical program is on our website!
Registration is now open. Save yourself $150 and register before April 1st and take advantage of our early bird pricing.
If you are a vendor you will want to reserve your booth early to get the best spot. We will have 100 vendors booths. Check out all the vendors sponsorship opportunities on our website, we have something for every budget! As the vendor trade show is Thursday only this year, vendors are encouraged to take advantage of the golf tournament on Wednesday and to provide hospitality options for clients on Thursday evening.
NEW CONFERENCE AGENDA
- No change to Wednesday activities - golf and pre-cons as usual as well as the Competition Night Welcome Reception with Tapping, Hydrant Hysteria, Meter Madness and Best Tasting Water Finals!
- You asked for more CEUs and we are listening! We have added two more hours of technical sessions. This year you can expect 2.0 CEUs as compared to previous years of 1.7 -1.8.
- You asked for less down time and we are listening! Similar to ACE we will have multiple things happening at the same time. Something for everyone all the time!
- You thought the Friday night banquet was outdated. We are listening! The Friday banquet has been replaced with a Friday Awards Luncheon where we will give out the Section's Top Five Awards!
- The Board of Trustees Meeting will take place Friday afternoon. At this meeting we will present a few more awards, get the State of the Section Update from outgoing Chair James Dean and pass the gavel to incoming Chair Ronda Farmer.
- The conference will wrap up Friday at 5pm with a reception for new Chair Ronda Farmer as you pick up your Water For People auction purchases.
Check out our conference website for all the latest information!
Or download the new and improved Conference Smart Phone app! See all the concurrent sessions side by side, plan your calendar for which sessions you want to attend, see the networking opportunities and add those to your calendar.
SECTION ELECTION RESULTS - New Trustees Take Office Following the Section Conference
Your ballots have been counted and these new Section officers will begin their term in office immediately following our Section Conference in May. Election results will be officially approved by the Section Board of Trustees at the Winter Meeting in Vancouver, WA on
February 28. Congratulations to these new officers!
Clark Public Utilities
Eugene Water & Electric Board
Retired - Seattle Public Utilities
Trustee At Large
WINTER TRUSTEE MEETING - Combined With A Subsection Training and E&T Fundraiser
Your Section Board of Trustees will be holding their annual Winter Trustee Meeting at the Vancouver Hilton on Friday, February 28. If you would like to be added to the meeting agenda and speak with the Trustees please contact the Section Office. The current meeting agenda can be found online.
The day before the Trustee Meeting the Lower Columbia Subsection is holding a training at the hotel in the morning followed by a Happy Hour Mixer and E&T Fundraiser at the Loowit Brewing Company just across the street from the hotel from 4:30-7:30. The event will include beverages, light appetizers and great people raising money for a great cause.
The E&T Fund provides scholarships for students studying in water related fields. Check out the website for more information and to register.
BECOMING A CANDIDATE FOR TRUSTEE - What's the Process?
Now that the Section election is wrapped up for another year, you might be thinking to yourself - how do you get selected to run for trustee?
It just so happens that we have a page on our website entitled: What Does It Take to Be a Leader. On this page you will find introductory materials on how to be either be a Subsection Officer, Committee Officer or Section Trustee. Check out the information and if you are interested in becoming a leader in any of the above mentioned areas contact the Section Office.
The Section Nominating Committee is currently chatting with interested individuals about running for trustee in this fall's election. Once again, reach out to the Section Office if you are interested in speaking with anyone from the Nominating Committee and running for trustee.
2020 EXCELLENCE IN COMMUNICATION AWARDS - Call For Entries
Celebrate the achievement of your communications goals by submitting them for an Excellence in Communication Award! Categories include print, electronic, video creations, calendars, and consumer confidence reports. Have you developed something totally wild in the last year or so...we have an entry category for you to!
Final deadline for entries is January 31 BUT if you apply before January 10 you can take advantage of the early bird entry fee!
EXCELLENCE IN ENGINEERING AWARDS - Enter Your Project by January 20
The Engineering Committee has opened the call for entries for the 2019 Excellence in Engineering Awards. These awards recognize excellence in engineering for water supply, treatment, or conveyance projects. Persons, agencies, consultants, contractors, and water utilities who have recently or will be completing a water supply, treatment, or conveyance project for a water supply utility or agency in Idaho, Oregon or Washington may apply.
Categories. Projects may be submitted in the large project (>$5M construction) or small project (<$5M construction) categories, or within a the engineering planning project category.
Click Here For More Information and To Enter
NETWORKING EVENTS AHEAD - Mark Your Calendars
February 27 / Vancouver, WA
E&T Fund Social Mixer
March 14 / Walla Walla For Water
January 28 / Liberty Lake, WA
January 30 / Olympia, WA
- Water Distribution Operator
- Development Manager
- Surface Water Engineer
- Water Management Analyst
- General Manager
- Equipment Maintenance Technician
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators
- Maintenance Technician
- Sales Position Outside Sales
- Water Distribution Monitoring and Compliance Supervisor
- Dam Safety Engineer
- Operator II
- Water Reclamation Facility Operator
- Project Engineer - Capital
- Water Operator
That's it for this month! Please send your news or information for inclusion in the February edition to the