As communicated in a June 1, 2016 BearBuy message, on July 1, 2016, in response to a March 2016 California State Auditor Report finding the Controller's Office inactivated the following BFS general ledger account codes:
56639 Miscellaneous Services
57359 Miscellaneous Expenditures
The June 1st communication included guidance pertaining to POs with distribution lines that included the accounts to be inactivated. However, POs with distribution lines containing the inactivated accounts still exist. Supply Chain Management closed all Purchase Orders (PO) with no remaining balance as part of the standard PO closure process.
In order to comply with the directive from the Controller's Office to discontinue use of these accounts, all Purchase Orders with remaining balances against 56639 and/or 57359 will be closed by March 13th.
To prepare for the change, you should run the COA Inactivation Report for your department in BFS to identify all active PO transactions that should be addressed before March 10th.
Now - March 10th:
- CLOSE PO: If you no longer need a PO currently referencing 56639 and/or 57359, submit a ticket to email@example.com requesting the PO be closed
- UPDATE PO: If you will need a PO currently referencing 56639 and/or 57359, submit a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the POs remaining balance is moved to a new account code (please provide the new account code).
- All affected POs that have not been updated will be closed by Supply Chain Management.
After March 13th:
- Purchase Orders that have been closed will not be reopened.
- Department should create a new PO for additional goods and/or services.
If you have questions, please contact Supply Chain Management at email@example.com. We appreciate your cooperation in this matter.