PODS Association's ANNUAL Fall Conference includes a half-day of training workshops on September 30th, and a full day of program sessions on October 1st. REGISTER ONLINE HERE!
Monday September 30th - Training Workshops (Technical and non-Technical sessions)
- Learn the basics of the PODS standards including essential PODS, database, and GIS terminology, the components of a PODS pipeline database, and how assets are located on a centerline using linear referencing
- Get a basic understanding of how data is stored and managed in a PODS compliant database
- See examples of how PODS facilitates spatial analysis of pipeline data ("What questions can I answer once my data is organized into the PODS standard?")
- TECHNICAL Training sessions
- Understand the PODS conceptual and logical data model
- Learn how to extend the PODS 7 data model using Enterprise Architect and the role of Shapechange (an open source software)
- Learn how to develop a PODS module
- NON-TECHNICAL Training Sessions
- Where does PODS fit in my pipeline data world? (Standards vs Data Model; Spatial vs Relational data model; How does PODS this help my organization?
- Basic PODS and GIS terminology (Key definitions to common terms used in PODS and GIS)
Tuesday October 1st: