This latest version of PODS Lite (v 1.1) includes implementations for SQL Server, Oracle, and PostGreSQL in addition to Geodatabase implementation. Version 1.1 also includes schema changes based on testing of version 1.0, new tables, abstract classes and code lists, data type and names changes.
- PODS Lite version 1.1 is being made available in the Esri Geodatabase format, RDBMS format, and the OpenSpatial Format. It does NOT require Esri APR.
- PODS 7.0 and PODS Lite support Esri APR without any modification to either data model. The PODS Association and Esri have worked collaboratively on the development of PODS Lite Geodatabase for APR. PODS Lite allows pipeline operators to take advantage of both Esri's APR and the PODS Pipeline Data Model. Pipeline operators will realize significant value when using APR's linear referencing and data management tools along with the PODS Lite Data Model.
- PODS 7.0 and PODS Lite DO NOT REQUIRE Esri's APR, although they support Esri APR without any modification to either data model.
- PODS Lite and PODS 7.0 are not specific to Esri or the Esri APR extension to the ArcGIS Platform. PODS Lite v 1.1 supports implementation in additional relational database management system (RDBMS) and geographic information system (GIS) environments
- PODS Lite comes in many flavors.