POP ZING BOOM! supports state & national standards in the areas of both science & music!
* S1P1. c&d - Students will investigate light and sound;
* c. Investigate how vibrations produce sound.
* d. Differentiate between various sounds in terms of pitch (high & low) and volume (loud or soft).
* S4P2. a&b - Students will demonstrate how sound is produced by vibrating objects and how sound can be varied by changing the rate of vibration.
* a. Investigate how sound is produced.
* b. Recognize the conditions that cause pitch to vary.
* M1GM. 6a&b - Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
* a. Distinguish between contrasts (pitch, dynamics, tempo, timbre) in various pieces of music.
* b. Describe music using appropriate vocabulary (e.g., high, low, loud, quiet, fast and slow).
M4GM.8 - Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts.