On May 4 at approximately 10:30 a.m., PORAC will be releasing a tribute video on all our media platforms to honor California’s 2019 fallen officers.
We will be promoting a moment of silence during this time for the officers who made the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty last year. 2020 California Peace Officers’ Memorial Honored Officers:
• Officer Natalie Corona, Davis Police Department. EOW: January 20, 2019
• Sergeant Steve Licon, California Highway Patrol, Riverside. EOW: April 6, 2019
• Officer Tara O’Sullivan, Sacramento Police Department. EOW: June 19, 2019
• Officer Andre Moye, Jr., California Highway Patrol, Riverside. EOW: August 12, 2019
• Deputy Brian Ishmael, El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office. EOW: October 23, 2019 Recent Past
• Officer Armando Gallegos, Jr., CA Dept. of Corrections & Rehabilitation. EOW: September 14, 2018
• Officer Toshio Hirai, Gardena Police Department. EOW: November 15, 2018
The California Peace Officers’ Memorial Ceremony was originally scheduled for May 4 at the California Peace Officers’ Memorial in Sacramento, CA. However, the event had been canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic impacting the globe.
It’s a trying and unprecedented time for most of the nation’s law enforcement but PORAC President Brian Marvel is, “hopeful that with this small tribute to their sacrifice and memory, we can all take a moment of silence to memorialize them.
Please view the tribute video in their honor and salute those who sacrificed everything to keep California safe.”
Thank you to all the first responders and healthcare workers on the frontline sacrificing daily to keep us all safe. Our thoughts and support are with you all and your families during these times of uncertainty.