Reminders: All previous bulletins and other resources listed at
. Resource requests from our community institutions listed at the end of this bulletin. Send any questions to
As of April 6, the Salvation Army in Peoria has reopened its child care facility in order to serve as a resource for parents who are first responders, health care workers and other essential employees. More information about their child care services
and general information about the Salvation Army response to COVID-19
City of Pekin Creating Small Business Assistance Fund
At its Council Meeting on Monday, April 13 the Pekin City Council approved the creation of a $1 million fund to assist small businesses with a grant of up to $5,000. An on-line application portal should be ready this week. More information from WCBU
Updated PPP Guidance
SBA provides clarity for its Paycheck Protection Program around fund use timelines for the purpose of forgiveness and affiliation rules
. They also provide additional guidance regarding self-employment, eligible businesses and requirements for certain pledges
Additional SBA Webinars on Federal Assistance
SBA Illinois is hosting additional webinars to provide updates on the SBA's relief programs for small businesses impacted by COVID-19, including the Paycheck Protection Program. These events have space for everyone and will not sell out. Click on the link below to register for the time that best suits you.
SBA Releases Information on PPP Results
SBA today released information that shows the popular Paycheck Protection Loan had already allocated $247 billion in loans to 1,035,086 businesses. The total amount of funding of the program is $349 billion, so SBA is about 60% of the way through its allocation after less than two weeks of the program being open. Illinois ranks 4th (behind California, Texas and just behind Florida) with 44,453 loans totaling $12.5 billion. More data
- Community Foundation of Central Illinois: Requesting monetary donations for the Central Illinois Disaster Recovery Fund. Information https://communityfoundationci.org/. Morton Chamber & EDC addition: The Morton Community Foundation has also announced a Morton Area Disaster Relief Fund for organizations serving those affected by COVID-19. Donations are being matched to up to $10,000. Donate here.
- UnityPoint Health: UnityPoint is seeking personal protective equipment (PPE) and other medical supplies. They are als in search of medical personnel to help them prepare in the event that there is an influx of sick patients. Information here.
- OSF Healthcare: OSF seeking personal protective equipment (PPE), ventilators and other supplies. Information here.
- Peoria Innovation Alliance: PIA is gathering the maker community to discuss ways individuals and small companies can make supplies like masks. Information here.
- Heartland Health Services: Seeking personal protective equipment, medical supplies, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes unopened. More information here.
- UICOMP Accepting Handmade Masks – The University of Illinois College of Medicine is accepting donations of handmade masks. Details can be found here.
- IWIRC: Seeking standard PPE such as N-95/surgical/home-made masks, face shields, gowns, and latex-free gloves. Donated supplies can be dropped off at their downtown Peoria clinic location at 736 SW Washington St. Information here.
- Morton Chamber & EDC addition: Community Harvest and Midwest Food Bank are soliciting monetary donations to help support the influx of requests for food.Visit their sites for more info.
- Morton Chamber & EDC addition: Community United Church of Christ and Grace Church provided meals to Morton kids over Spring Break.To help cover some of the expenses, they are graciously accepting monetary donations. Checks can be made out to and mailed to Community United Church of Christ, 300 N. Main St, Morton, IL 61550 with the memo "School Meals".
Chief Executive Officer
Greater Peoria Economic Development Council