CHARLES COUNTY ARTS ALLIANCE PRESENTS
"DIAMONDS AND PEARLS" 30TH ANNIVERSARY GALA
ON NOVEMBER 18 AT OLD WALDORF SCHOOL
"The mission of the Charles County Arts Alliance is to stimulate, promote, encourage,
and provide recognition of the arts and the creative spirit in Charles County."
- September 17, 1987
The Charles County Arts Alliance (CCAA) is proudly presenting its
"Diamonds and Pearls" 30th Anniversary Gala on Saturday evening, November 18, 2017, from
6:00-10:00 pm, at the Old Waldorf School, 3074 Crain Highway, in Waldorf. The public is invited to join CCAA members and friends in celebrating 30 years of successfully promoting ALL the arts in Charles County: music, visual art, drama, dance and literature.
The "Diamonds and Pearls" Gala will include a silent auction fundraiser for the CCAA Arts Scholarship Fund, reception and dinner catered by Rucci's of White Plains, desserts by Gerard of Oxon Hill, music and dancing by the Gretchen Ritchie Jazz Cabaret of Leonardtown, and lots of bubbly!
Tickets are advance-sales only through November 15, and are available from the CCAA Office in La Plata and the CCAA website via PayPal (
. Ticket prices are $40 per person ("early bird" thru October 31), and $50 per person (thru November 15). For more info, please call the CCAA Office at 301-392-5900.
The CCAA was founded in 1987 as a grass-roots, all-volunteer nonprofit organization by a group of concerned citizens. Its mission has remained steadfast over the past three decades: "to stimulate, promote, encourage, and provide recognition of the arts and the creative spirit in Charles County." It is designated as the official arts council of Charles County by the Charles County Government and Maryland State Arts Council. In this role, it serves as the "arts umbrella" organization for the entire Charles County arts community - arts organizations, arts educators, individual artists, and the arts-loving public.
Over the past 30 years, the Charles County Arts Alliance has achieved many major accomplishments:
- Promoted Charles County arts events, organizations and individual artists
- Devoted thousands of volunteer hours to achieve its mission
- Been awarded over $1,000,000 in federal, state and county grants to support its mission
- Awarded over $750,000 in Arts Grants to support local nonprofits and schools
- Awarded annual Arts Scholarships at each county high school (currently $1000 each)
- Produced and presented ArtsFest, the largest annual arts festival in Charles County and one of the largest in Southern Maryland
- Managed the Fine Arts Building of the Charles County Fair
- Presented regional artist workshops and master classes
- Managed free public galleries for visual artists to display artworks (currently 5 galleries)
- Sponsored its first statewide juried art show
- Presented numerous cultural events for county citizens and students
- Advocated for increased funding for the arts at the local, state and national level
- Partnered with many nonprofit, government and educational organizations in arts productions
- Provided access to the arts for Charles County's underserved population
- Ensured that the arts were included in the Charles County Comprehensive Plan
- Published Arts Vision 2020: A Strategic Plan for the Arts in Charles County
The Charles County Arts Alliance wishes to express its sincere gratitude to the citizens of Charles County and the Charles County Government for its steadfast support and encouragement of our nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization over the past 30 years. We couldn't have done it without you! We are all united in our single purpose: to enhance the overall quality of life for the citizens of Charles County through the performing, visual and literary arts. Working together in a spirit of cooperation and partnership, we will achieve an exciting, vibrant, diverse and successful arts-filled future for the next 30 years and beyond!
Hope to see you at our "Diamonds and Pearls" 30th Anniversary Gala on November 18!!!