Is your shoulder stiff after a day at work? Can you rotate your arm? Do you feel as though it is not operating at full strength?
A shoulder injury can occur because of a repetitive process and many jobs can aggravate the shoulder. Pain is the most common symptom of a shoulder injury and early intervention is one of the best forms of treatment.
To reduce the risk of shoulder injuries, workers can:
- Keep elbows and knees bent at a 90-degree angle when working.
- Make sure feet are supported on the floor or use a footstool.
- Take posture breaks and exercise for several minutes every hour.
- Follow safe lifting techniques: Face the object to be lifted, and keep the back as straight as possible by bending and using legs for lifting power.
- Avoid reaching to place or retrieve heavy objects stored up high. Use a stable platform or step stool.