December 11, 2018
From December 24, 2018, to January 4, 2019, Edmonton Transit Service (ETS) will adjust schedules for lower ridership patterns anticipated over the holiday break. Most bus routes will operate on reduced weekday schedules. All school routes and trips will be cancelled to align with school breaks. Regular transit service resumes Saturday, January 5, 2019.
Key dates over the holidays will have specific service reductions or additions:
Tuesday, December 25, 2018
- Most bus routes will operate on a reduced Sunday schedule.
- Capital and Metro Line LRT operate on a regular Sunday schedule.
Wednesday, December 26, 2018
- ETS will operate on a Saturday schedule.
- Added trips on Route 4 between West Edmonton Mall and South Campus/Fort Edmonton Park, running from 9 a.m. until approximately 12:30 p.m.
Monday, December 31, 2018
- ETS is encouraging a safe New Year’s Eve with free transit starting at 5 p.m. until approximately 3:30 a.m. on January 1, 2019.
- Most routes will operate on a regular weekday schedule, however, more than 30 routes that normally operate on weekdays after 10 p.m. will have extended service.
- Late Night Owl service on Routes 1, 4, 8 and 9 will run until 3:30 a.m. Due to extended LRT service, Route 512 will be cancelled.
- The Capital and Metro Line will operate on a regular weekday schedule with extended hours. The last Capital Line trains will depart Century Park and Clareview stations at 3:10 a.m. The last Metro Line trains will depart Health Sciences/Jubilee station at 2:41 a.m. and NAIT at 3:03 a.m.
- Edmontonians looking to enjoy the fireworks at the Legislature on New Year’s Eve are advised to take the LRT to the Grandin/Government Centre station.
- From 5 p.m. until approximately 8:30 p.m., ETS shuttle service to Government Centre Transit Centre will be available at 102 Avenue and 100 Street southbound. Shuttles will run every five minutes and stop at all bus stops along Jasper Avenue.
- ETS will also provide additional service on Routes 1, 5, 8 and 9, which travel Downtown. Buses for these routes will be staged at Government Centre Transit Centre to assist passengers in getting home safely.
Tuesday, January 1, 2019
- ETS will operate on a Sunday schedule.
Transit riders are encouraged to double check their schedules and use