Dear Junior Student and Families,
October 14 is a national testing date set by the College Board for the PSAT/NMSQT. During the school day on Wednesday, October 14, all LFHS juniors will participate in this assessment.
No sign-up or payment is necessary for juniors, as Lake Forest High School will complete the registration process for all Class of 2022 students.
Please Note: The PSAT/NMSQT is the qualifying exam for the National Merit Scholarship.
Juniors should be mindful of some important details surrounding this testing day:
Fostering a safe and secure testing environment continues to be our #1 priority. Therefore, all protocols (i.e wearing of masks at all times and social distancing) must be followed at all times. We will maintain smaller amounts of students in standard size classrooms in order to maintain social distancing. In larger spaces, we will also ensure that students are able to be even farther apart to meet social distancing requirements.
- As a result of our social distancing protocols, it is possible that District 115 may use both our East and West Campuses to administer this assessment. More information will be forthcoming.
- Upcoming information regarding transportation to and from school will be provided closer to the assessment date.
- Students should arrive at school by no later than 7:45 am.
- The assessment starts promptly at 8:00 am. All students should be in their seat and ready to begin the test at this time.
- Students with accommodations will test with their accommodations approved by SAT in locations that provide an appropriate space for each student’s specific accommodations. Students will receive notice of their room assignment via email; Case Managers will also be aware of where a student will test.
- Standard time testing will conclude at approximately 12:00 pm.
Given that this is a normal day of attendance (Blue Day) for our Class of 2022, those taking the test will be excused from classes on this day. If a student chooses NOT to take this assessment on October 14th, 2020, they will then be expected to be present for all of their remote classes.
Students must bring their Student ID, #2 pencils with erasers, and an approved calculator. Cell phones and food are not allowed in the testing area. For a list of approved calculators please visit CollegeBoard Approved Calculators.
- Students should check their LFHS email leading up to this assessment day regarding protocols, room assignments, etc.