Hello Osprey Students and Families,
TOMORROW, April 13 all 9th, 10th and 11th graders will take the PSAT8/9, PSAT10 and SAT, respectively, at AHS.
There will be no classes in session tomorrow and students will have early release once they have completed testing. Seniors have the day off to work on Senior Project Action Projects independently at home.
Please Arrive to School by 8:25
- arrive well rested and fed with a plan to do something healthy after testing is complete
- 11th graders are in the Jesse Hutt Wing, 9th and 10th graders are in the Michael Ackerman Wing
- see Bridget or Libby when you arrive for your room assignment
- students who arrive after testing has begun will be sent home and will need to test on the make-up date, Tuesday, April 27
What to Bring
battery-operated calculator with new/extra batteries for the math section (see approved list here)--we will have a limited number of calculators to loan out; students can complete the test without using a calculator
#2 pencils (no mechanical pencils allowed)
- phones must be powered off and collected for the entire duration of testing; if a cell phone rings during testing it may invalidate scores for all students in the room
- please consider leaving cell phones at home or in cars when possible
there will be no catered lunch available as students without extended time will finish testing by 12:30
- we will provide sack lunches for those who need them
- snacks are allowed during breaks but not during the test
- no eating in the testing rooms
- a water bottle that can be kept on the floor
Breaks during Testing
- students may use the bathroom or leave rooms during testing to have a snack/drink but must be silent
- hallways will be monitored
- students may not read or access phones during testing even if they finish a section early
Early Release: All students will be released when their testing ends
the PSAT 8/9 is 2 hours 35 minutes long; 9th graders will be released by 11:30
the PSAT10 is 2 hours 55 minutes long; 10th graders will be released by 12:00
the SAT is 3 hours 15 minutes long; 11th graders taking SAT without essay will be released by 12:30; 11th graders who have elected to take the SAT with essay will be released by 1:30
students with extended time will be released later than 12:30
the Hub Bus will run at its regular time, leaving AHS at 3:20
- students who stay after testing is complete will need to remain in their testing rooms so that we can maintain cohorting
Communicating with Students During Testing
- Contact Bridget or Libby in case of emergency by email or voicemail
We recognize that PSAT/SAT testing may cause stress, as SAT scores can play an important role in college admissions for some students. That said, we know that our students are prepared. Please find that balance between taking the tests seriously to show your best work while not letting them define you.
Finally, as a reminder, submit a written statement to email@example.com if you would like to opt your student out of any standardized test. Those who are absent tomorrow but have not submitted an opt out letter will take their PSAT or SAT on the make-up day, Tuesday April 27.