PSW President Mike Gillard and I spoke several times yesterday and we have come to the difficult decision, with the support of the PSW Board of Directors, to cancel the in-person offering of the PSW Educational Conference and Wisconsin Pharmacy Residency Conference and
to move conference offerings online.
We have made this decision in the context of continued concerns about COVID-19, the critical public health role played by pharmacists, and knowing many organizations have implemented travel and conference attendance restrictions.
This email contains the following information:
- Our plan for moving content online for virtual registrant access
- All conference registrants will be transitioned to virtual registrants
- How to register for virtual access if not already registered for the conference
- How to request a refund if virtual access is not desired (deadline March 25)
- Resident/Residency conference program plans
Content Moving Online!
Over the coming weeks, PSW will be transitioning the Educational Conference content to a virtual/on-demand format. Our staff is reaching out to speakers to schedule recording times and content will be placed in our easy-to-use online CE system.
On-demand beginning April 2
Educational Conference programming on leadership development, clinical updates, toolkits, well-being, and management topics will be available on-demand online beginning April 2.
If you are currently registered for the conference (either one-day or full registration):
- You will automatically be transitioned to a virtual conference registrant and you will receive information about access to the online content.
- Virtual conference registrants will have access to almost all CE content that had been scheduled for the Monona Terrace. Bonus: There will no longer be session timing conflicts and those previously registered for one day will have full conference access.
- CE can be viewed on-demand anytime in the next three years and credit can be claimed as you go!
Live April 2-3 throughout the day
Wisconsin Pharmacy Residency Conference programming delivered by 130 residents from practices across the state will still be delivered on April 2-3. Residents will still have the opportunity to present their projects and we encourage all conference registrants to participate!
- Resident project presentations will take place (online) on April 2-3 and virtual conference registrants will call into Wisconsin Pharmacy Residency Conference presentations scheduled throughout these days.
- All Educational Conference registrants will receive information about accessing WPRC presentations (and live CE).
- CE credit can be claimed for this live CE.
- We are evaluating the feasibility of recording these presentations and offering on-demand CE following the April 2-3 virtual event. More information will be made available as soon as possible.
We are working to make virtual networking opportunities available as well! Information on those opportunities will be provided to virtual conference registrants.
To Request a Full Refund
If you had registered for the conference and are NOT interested in virtual/online conference participation, PSW will issue a conference registration refund for the full amount paid.
To request a full refund, please email
no later than March 25.
Register for Virtual Access
- If you are already registered for the Educational Conference, you will automatically be transitioned to a virtual conference registrant and you will receive information about access to online content. No action is needed right now.
- If you haven't yet registered and would like to register for virtual content, click here to register for the Virtual Educational Conference. Online registrations will be accepted through March 31.
WPRC will proceed online only and presentations will still take place (online) on April 2-3, but time shifts will be required. PSW will provide residents and their programs the tools and information to deliver successful online presentations to a virtual audience. The WPRC Planning Committee will be meeting tomorrow and will provide further information to programs to make this shift successful for everyone in light of this challenging situation.
Residency programs will receive more information about the Virtual Wisconsin Pharmacy Residency Conference in the coming days.
Don't forget to cancel your hotel
Hotel cancellation policies vary. Please review your reservation and cancel as needed.
PSW is committed to bringing the pharmacy profession in Wisconsin together to improve the care of our patients. While not able to convene in person this April, we are thankful we can share education with one another and inspire professional engagement virtually.
I assure you, this was a very difficult decision. I'm thankful for our outstanding staff team that has sprung into action to make this challenging situation work for our members.
Please do not hesitate to contact our office with your questions.
Phone: (608) 827-9200
Interim CEO, PSW