Marketing for Government Contracts (Business Expert Session)
2/23/2023 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Marketing your products or services to government customers is much different than selling in the commercial sector. Explore the basics of how government customers buy and how you can position your firm to be considered.
Request for Equitable Adjustment (REAs)
2/23/2023 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM
After contract award, often there are contract modifications.
You may find yourself needing to submit a Request for Equitable Adjustment (REA) and not knowing what's required.
This class will identify and provide:
· The difference between a claim and an REA
· Requirements for submitting an REA
· REA checklist
Doing Business with the City of Seattle - Now Online!
3/3/2023 9:00 AM -11:00 AM
Is your firm interested in doing business with the City of Seattle?
Do you want to learn more about how City purchasing and contracting works?
Join us at for our “First Fridays” online Doing Business with the City of Seattle event to meet Purchasing and Contracting staff who are part of our purchasing, consultant contracting and construction/public works teams.
COMO HACER NEGOCIOS CON LA CIUDAD DE SEATTLE – VIRTUAL EN LINEA
3/3/2023 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
COSTO: Registracion es Gratis y no se require reservacion. Solo entre en linea.
- Averigue si la Ciudad de Seattle compra el tipo de producto/servicio que usted ofrece
- Aprenda sobre los procesos de licitación de la Ciudad de Seattle para su producto/servicio
- Aprenda sobre el proceso de contratación de obras públicas de la Ciudad de Seattle
- Aprenda sobre oportunidades que ofrece la Ciuadd de Seattle a través de contratación
- Aprenda sobre el programa para Empresas Pertenecientes a Mujeres o Minorias (WMBE)
- Como registrarse en el directorio de negocios de la Ciudad de Seattle (OBD)
Spring Small Business Series - Innovating Using SBIR OTs
3/8/2023 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Panelists will discuss the basics of SBIR OTs.
- What agencies are using them?
- What is their advantage?
- Where is the intersection of SBIR rights and OT terms?
Government Contracting 101
3/9/2023 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM The Cutter Theatre, 302 Park St, Metaline Falls, WA
Government Contracting 101 will help you discover tools and information that can help you determine who in state and local government buys what you sell, how they buy it, and how you can prepare your firm to succeed in the public marketplace.
Indirect Cost Rate Workshop
3/15/2023 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM, What to Expect: Intro to Workshop
3/22/2023 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Does your organization need an indirect cost rate to ensure long-term success in government contracting?
Work with a CPA that specializes in indirect cost rates to learn the basics. The CPA will walk you through your financial statements to understand how indirect cost rates are determined and how they help your business. Firms without financial statements that are ready for this analysis are welcome to use sample ones provided by the instructor.
Longshore & Harbor Worker's Compensation Act
3/22/2023 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Did you know the Longshore & Harbor Worker's Compensation Act applies to your business if you perform work around ""navigable"" waterways?
You will learn:
- Details of the Longshore & Harbor Worker's Compensation Act
- Why special insurance is needed for navigable waterways
- Consequences of not having the appropriate insurance coverage
- SBA contact information to confirm if your firm is subject to the Longshore & Harbor Worker's Compensation Act
- Where to find surety companies to purchase insurance policies