A word from your PTSA presidents
Trick or treat! What a spectacular
time of year--
the leaves are turning gold and
orange and hues of red. F
is definitely in full effect!
u know that more American presidents are born in the month of October than any other month (Adams, Hayes, Arthur, Roosevelt, Eisenhower and Carter)? Did you also know that later this month, on October 26
we will have our annual jog-a-thon? This is an awesome opportunity for parents and family members to come support our kiddos as we raise money for the PTSA and have a spooktacular time. So come in your favorite costume, get ready to dance (did someone say DJ?!) and don't forget to wear some comfy shoes
as we RUN
From all of us at the PTSA, we
hope that this month brings you and yours
an amazing harvest time
and we hope to see you soon!
Get ready for the Spooktakular Leopards 2017
on Oct 26!
Help Lakeview reach our fundraising goal of $80,000 this year at our 5
annual jog-a-thon. The jog-a-thon is the one and only time in the school year we ask families to consider making a generous donation to our school. This is our biggest fundraising event of the year,
and we need you to give BIG. The s
uggested minimum donation is $150 per child, but any amount is helpful.
Picture Retake Day
Lakeview's picture retake day will be Friday, November 3rd...because everyone deserves a second chance! Please note this date is a change from the original calendar.
Ski Bus Info Night
The ski bus info night is Wednesday, October 11th, at 7pm, at the Lakeview library.
Registration opens October 16th and closes November 14th.
Space is limited. The ski bus runs on Wednesdays from
Jan10th through Feb 14th. It leaves at 2 and returns at 7:30PM. For more information, visit the Lakeview PTSA's website.
Digital Safety Class
In today's digital world, our children are using devices that access the internet from a young age. Many parents skip the safety talk until cellphones come into play. Our younger kids, however, need some guidance. Elementary school parents are invited to join Sheri Gazitt of Teen Wise as she discusses how to create guidelines for your child to safely and responsibly use the internet. We'll also talk about the safety net of monitoring devices.
Parent Education: DIGITAL SAFETY FOR YOUR CHILD
Thursday, November 2, 6:30PM at Blackwell Elementary
This year's Reflections theme is "Within Reach." Your student can enter a piece of literature, visual arts, photography, musical composition, dance choreography, or film production. Entries are due October 27. Click here for full details and to find the entry form.
What's Missing in the Lakeview Comm_nity?
Spoiler alert: it's U!
The PTSA is still seeking several volunteers to help with various programs and events this school year. Positions include:
- Enrichment Co-Chair - Coordinates after-school enrichment classes to help provide a well-rounded experience for Lakeview students and most importantly makes sure we have chaperones as required by the district. Contact Victoria Azalde.
- Emergency Prep Committee - Helps keep Lakeview kiddos safe by making sure each room is prepared just in case there is an emergency. Contact Karee Oliver.
- School Services Co-Chair - Works with veteran chair on programs that support the school building such as safety, emergency preparedness, playground and hearing and vision screening. Contact Karee Oliver.
- Special Needs Liaison - Helps keep Lakeview families informed about meetings and available resources. There is a great deal of district support for this person or persons. Contact Debbie Callahan.
- Family Dance Night Coordinators - Shake your groove thing! Coordinates Lakeview's Family Dance in April. This is an awesome event and is tons of fun. Contact Erica Gamble and Gia Parsons.
- Staff Appreciation Week Coordinator - Works with Room Parents and the PTSA Board to coordinate Staff Appreciation Week in May. Contact Erica Gamble and Gia Parsons.
- Bike to School Day - This is a one day event held annually in May to support safe biking. There is a great deal of support from Cascade Bike Club. Contact Erica Gamble and Gia Parsons.
These jobs can all be done by an individual or shared with another parent. You know what they say - two heads are better than one!
If you can't commit to one of these roles but would like to help out when possible please send an email to
Numbers are rising!
Well look at this nifty little graphic showing us we're up to 33% membership! It's never too late to
join the Lakeview PTSA
and find more ways to help support your student and your school!
New Families Welcome Event
Have you just moved to the United States? Are you new to Lake Washington School District?
Come learn about navigating the LWSD school system; resources and support available from the district; PTSA and how you can be involved; extracurricular activities in the area; relocation tips; as well as "America 101 for International Families."
LWPTSA is sponsoring two identical welcome events at the Lake Washington Resource Center:
Monday, Oct 23rd, 6:30-9pm
Saturday, Oct 28th, 9:30am-12:00pm
Special Needs Group Meeting
There is a special needs group meeting on
Tuesday, October 17th
, at the Lake Washington Resource Center.
Diana Lafornara, a parent advocate volunteer at WAAA, will discuss the IEP process in Lake Washington and answer your questions on the process and materials. Click here for more information.