MESSAGE FROM THE PTSO PRESIDENTS
World Challenge - Peru
Making summer plans now? How about joining Dr. Cohen & Dr. Chisum on the World Challenge trip to Peru? This program is an educational experience that extends beyond the classroom and promotes intellectual curiosity, individual responsibility and respectful interaction. This 16 day trip in early July in open to all Wellesley high school students and those who will be in 9th grade next year. Click
to get more information and see the planned itinerary. Sign up dates have been extended.
Scholarship Deadline Approaching
Applications are due February 1st
Thank you to all the presenters at our PTSO meeting last week!
- Class presidents & leaders of Student Congress, Key Club & National Honor Society
- Asst. Principal Lynne Novogroski and Brian McManimon. More info here about
- Peter Ritter & Christine Carpenter and their student researchers
- Wellesley Scholarship Foundation
- Dr. Chisum
Colette Aufranc & Catherine Mirick
WHS PTSO Presidents 2018-2019
- 18th - 6:30pm Glow Coffee House
- 23rd - Last Day of Term / Make-up Day
- 24th & 25th - 7:00pm - "By the Water", WHS Little Theatre
- 26th - 2:00pm & 7:00pm - "By the Water", WHS Little Theatre
- 29th - 7:00pm - Band Step Up Concert
- 30th - 6:45pm - 8th Grade Parent Night
- 31st - 7:00pm - Orchestra Step Up Concert
- 1st - Senior Project Proposals Due
- 1st - 7:00pm - Sophomore Class Dance
- 6th - Half Day - Dismissal at 11:30am
- 7th - 7:00pm - Choral Step Up Concert
- 8th - 7:00pm - Senior Teen Center Dance
- 13th - 9:00am - PTSO Meeting - Topic: Course Selection
Want these dates in your calendar automatically? Subscribe to the WHS Calendar
- All students: Please make sure you check your Semester 2 schedules. Half year classes will conclude on January 23rd. For sophomores & juniors, make sure you have your Guidance Seminar listed.
- Internship Opportunity: Bank of America Student Leaders program. This signature philanthropic program offers youth the opportunity to receive a paid, non-profit internship and to attend a weeklong conference in Washington, D.C. to learn about enacting positive social change.
- Scholarship Opportunities!
Your PTSO $$ at Work
The Community page on our website is live! We'll be highlighting a different section of it each week. Let us know if your group, booster club or organization should be included on the page!
Wellesley Public Schools - District Information
Official Twitter Accounts:
Parents Of Performing Students - POPS Happenings
WHS Winter Show
"By the Water"
All Performances in the Little Theater
Thursday 1/24 7pm
Friday 1/25 7pm
Saturday 1/26 2pm and 7pm
Tickets available soon
The show is rated PG-13 (language)
COME TO THE CABARET!
Wellesley Parents of Performing Students (POPS) invites you in our inaugural benefit event - POPS Cabaret 2019. This much anticipated gala will take place on Friday, February 8, 2019 at the The Center for Arts in Natick (TCAN).
Proceeds from the Cabaret will support K-12 performing arts education and appreciation throughout our district. I
f you'd like to get more involved in planning this extraordinary evening, we're looking for silent and live auction donations and volunteers to join POPS' stellar gala committee.
Be part of a magical night supporting performing arts in our community!
Hunnewell Feasibility Study Public Forum #2
Wellesley Education Foundation
January 27th at 1:15
at Orange Theory Wellesley for a class to raise funds for our marathon runner, Jessica Scarpelli. $25.00/class.
Tuesday January 29, 2019 from 7:00 - 9:00 PM,
Recycling in Crisis
The School Building Committee invites you to join us for an update on the feasibility study including progress on educational programming, site exploration, sustainability goals and swing space.
- Hear the study architects present concept design options for a new or rebuilt school.
- Break into small groups to ask questions, discuss and provide feedback on the short list of options tentatively selected for detailed study.
- Learn about the next steps in the process and opportunities for further input.
- For more information:
Talk by RDF Superintendent
Massachusetts' Waste Problem, Recycling in Crisis, and Why We're Focused on Food Waste" is the title of a talk by Jeff Azano-Brown, Wellesley's Recycling and Disposal Facility Superintendent, which will be held on
Jan. 31, 2019, at 7 p.m. at the
Unitarian Universalist Society of Wellesley Hills. The talk will be held over dessert and coffee, and is free and open to the public. It is co-sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Wellesley, Sustainable Wellesley, and The Green Sanctuary Ministry Team of UU Wellesley Hills.