MESSAGE FROM THE PTSO PRESIDENTS
Happy New Year!!
January PTSO Meeting - Students show the way
Wednesday, 1/9/2019, 9am, Faculty Dining Room
Join us as we focus on our students in January. We'll hear from class officers and student government leaders, learn about clubs and ERP, discuss homework expectations and using powerschool, see presentations of student projects and hear about how we can help the Wellesley Scholarship Foundation and they can help our students. We'll also approve the minutes from our October meeting. They are available
Colette Aufranc & Catherine Mirick
WHS PTSO Presidents 2018-2019
- 2nd - 7:00pm - Cotillion Volunteer meeting, WHS Cafeteria
- 9th - 9:00am - PTSO Meeting - Faculty Dining Room
- 9th - 6:45pm - GAP Year Informational Presentation, WHS Auditorium
- 23rd - Last Day of Term / Make-up Day
- 24th - 26th - 7:00pm - January Play
- 25th - 6:30pm Glow Coffee House
- 29th - 7:00pm - Band Step Up Concert
- 30th - 6:45pm - 8th Grade Parent Night
- 31st - 7:00pm - Orchestra Step Up Concert
- 1st - Senior Project Proposals Due
- 1st - 7:00pm - Sophomore Class Dance
Want these dates in your calendar automatically? Subscribe to the WHS Calendar
- Gap Year Presentation - Wednesday, 1/9 @ 6:45pm. The evening discusses GAP year options, how it fits in the college application process and thoughts from students who have taken them. This is done in collaboration with Weston and Wayland High Schools.
- All students: Please make sure you check your Semester 2 schedules. Half year classes will conclude on January 23rd. For sophomores & juniors, make sure you have your Guidance Seminar listed.
- Internship Opportunity: Bank of America Student Leaders program. This signature philanthropic program offers youth the opportunity to receive a paid, non-profit internship and to attend a weeklong conference in Washington, D.C. to learn about enacting positive social change.
- Scholarship Opportunities! The Wellesley Scholarship Foundation provides financial assistance to college bound Wellesley students through need and merit based scholarships. Applications are due February 1st
Your PTSO $$ at Work
Have you been looking for information on any of the following?
- Student Newspaper
- General WPS District info
- Student facebook groups
- Student run Instagrams
- Student run School Store
- Student clubs & ERP Program
- Performing & Fine Arts
- School Committee
- Town organizations supporting education & community
Check here for links to websites, twitter feeds, instagram & facebook.
Is your group, booster club, or organization not included? Send us your information at
Wellesley Cotillion 2019:
Final Recap before the BIG Night!
Saturday, January 5, 2019
- You can not pay on the evening of the event and a signed parent release waiver must be on file for each guest!
- Drop off at one of two locations ONLY!
Wellesley High School
(WHS) front doors between 6:30-6:50pm.
- The Yawkey Club of Roxbury, 115 Warren Street, Roxbury. Drop off between 7:00-7:15pm
- COTILLION BUSES: ALL Guests MUST ride TO and FROM Cotillion on one of the chartered motor coach buses provided by the Cotillion Committee.
- Volunteers are needed! Click here to volunteer
- Zero Tolerance: Anyone suspected of being under the influence of or in the possession of drugs, smoking materials, or alcohol will be detained and their parent/guardian will be called immediately to come and pick them up.
- Follow the Wellesley Cotillion on Facebook to receive up-to-the-minute updates & post-event photos.
- Detailed final recap information available here.
Wellesley PAC Coffee
Please join the Wellesley PAC for our next monthly coffee on Thursday, January 10. The coffee will be held from 9-10:30 am at the home of Christine Mizzi at 16 Suffolk Road. It is a nice opportunity for parents and caregivers to get together, share information and offer support to one another.
The schedule for the remainder of the year is:
- Thursday, February 7
- Thursday, March 7
- Thursday, April 4
- Thursday, May 2
- Thursday, June 6
School Committee Office Hours:
- January 10, 2019, 9 to 10 am - Tolles Parson Center
- February 14, 7 to 8 pm, WHS Faculty Dining Room
- March 14, 9 to 10 am - Great Hall, Town Hall
- April 11, 7 to 8 pm, Wellesley Library, 2nd floor conference Room
- May 9, 9 to 10 am - Great Hall, Town Hall
- June 13, 7 to 8 pm WHS Faculty Dining Room.
Any community members who wish to engage with the Committee but cannot attend office hours are encouraged to participate in Citizens Speak at a future meeting, or email the Committee at