MESSAGE FROM THE PTSO PRESIDENTS
Principal Coffee - This Friday!
This Friday, February 1st, 9:00am in the Faculty Dining Room
Join Dr. Chisum on Friday the 1st for a community discussion.
All are welcome!
PTSO Meeting - Course Selection
Wednesday, February 13th, 9:00am, Faculty Dining Room
There is an amazing variety of courses available at the high school, and it will soon be time to figure out which ones to take next year. Attend to get a handle on course offerings and levels in a variety of departments.
Wellesley Scholarship Foundation - Applications Due Friday!
Colette Aufranc & Catherine Mirick
WHS PTSO Presidents 2018-2019
- 29th - 7:00pm - Band Step Up Concert, WHS Auditorium
- 30th - 6:45pm - 8th Grade Parent Night, WHS Auditorium
- 31st - 7:00pm - Orchestra Step Up Concert, WHS Auditorium
- 1st - 9:00am - Principal Coffee, Faculty Dining Room
- 1st - Senior Project Proposals Due
- 1st - 7:00pm - Sophomore Class Dance
- 5th - 7:00pm - Evolutions Midyear Expo, WHS Cafe
- 6th - Half Day - Dismissal at 11:30am
- 7th - 7:00pm - Choral Step Up Concert, WHS Auditorium
- 8th - 7:00pm - Senior Teen Center Dance
- 13th - 9:00am - PTSO Meeting - Topic: Course Selection, WHS Faculty Dining Room
- 18th - 22nd - February Break
Want these dates in your calendar automatically? Subscribe to the WHS Calendar
- All Students: If you require a counselor recommendation for applications to summer camp/private school/job, please ask your counselor a minimum of two weeks prior to the deadline. We can not guarantee completing your recommendation in a timely manner if less notice is given.
- 8th Grade Orientation: Wednesday, January 30th, 6:45pm WHS Auditorium: Parents of current 8th graders are invited to the high school for an introduction to the school, discussion of courses and levels and student led tours of the school. 8th graders themselves will visit the high school during school hours on 2/5 or 2/7.
- Attention AP students: Registration for AP exams opens February 1st and closes March 6th. Registration is on-line on the WPS District website. Click payment type, enter "Member Login" data then click the Guidance activities tab. Each exam fee is $94.
- Attention Juniors: February 8th is the registration deadline for the March 9th SAT. March 8th is the deadline for the April 13th ACT.
- MCAS Biology Make-Up Day: February 6th & 7th.
Evolutions Information Sessions:
Student sessions - WHS Room 301,
February 13th, 14th, 26th and March 1st, 2:35p - 3:15p
Family session - WHS Library, Tuesday, February 27th, 6:30 -
- On February 25th and 26th teachers will be speaking with students individually about their level recommendations. Students then work with teachers, families and counsellors to finalize their course selection March 4th - 15th. Further details can be found here.
Internship & Scholarship Opportunities - Check out the new PTSO webpage
for student opportunities. These are updated as we get more. Let us know if you have some we should add.
Hunnewell Feasibility Study Public Forum #2
Tuesday January 29, 2019 from 7:00 - 9:00 PM,
The School Building Committee invites you to join us for an update on the feasibility study including progress on educational programming, site exploration, sustainability goals and swing space.
- Hear the study architects present concept design options for a new or rebuilt school.
- Break into small groups to ask questions, discuss and provide feedback on the short list of options tentatively selected for detailed study.
- Learn about the next steps in the process and opportunities for further input.
- For more information:
Recycling in Crisis
Talk by RDF Superintende
Massachusetts' Waste Problem, Recycling in Crisis, and Why We're Focused on Food Waste" is the title of a talk by Jeff Azano-Brown, Wellesley's Recycling and Disposal Facility Superintendent, which will be held on
Jan. 31, 2019, at 7 p.m. at the
Unitarian Universalist Society of Wellesley Hills. The talk will be held over dessert and coffee, and is free and open to the public. It is co-sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Wellesley, Sustainable Wellesley, and The Green Sanctuary Ministry Team of UU Wellesley Hills.
Register to Vote at the High School!
Tuesday, February 5th - 10:45 am - 12:30pm in the cafe
To register or pre-register in MA you must:
- Be a US Citizen
- Be a resident of MA
- Be at least 16 years old
- Know your driver's license number or last 4 digits of SSN
Sponsored by the Wellesley League of Women Voters
Evening with Dr. Lisa Damour - Please Join Us!
7:00 pm on March 13th
at the Wellesley Middle School Auditorium.
work focuses on the development of girls from childhood, adolescence through early adulthood. She is a nationally recognized psychologist, author, teacher, speaker and consultant who works with students, families and communities across the country. A regular contributor to CBS News, Dr. Damour has authored two books; the award-winning New York Times best seller Untangled: Guiding Teenage Girls Through the Seven Transitions into Adulthood and Under Pressure: Confronting the Epidemic of Stress and Anxiety in Girls (due out February 2019).
Please RSVP to this event using this form
. We hope you can join us!
Wellesley Education Foundation
Middle-School and High-School Students, design an App to Solve a Problem in Wellesley!
The 3rd annual Wellesley Creates (formerly known as Wellesley CreateAthon) is on
March 16th from 10am to 4pm at Wellesley High School. This one day event is organized entirely by Wellesley High School computer science students. At Wellesley Creates, high school and middle school students work in teams to create an app to that solves a real-life environmental, education or health issue in Wellesley. The event is open to middle a
nd high school students who live or go to school in Wellesley. No programming experience is necessary! For more details and to register,
2019 Sustainability Challenge
is open! Tell us how would y
Wellesley Education Foundation (WEF), in partnership with
Wellesley Green Schools
is pleased to announce the
for students in K-12 who live or go to school in Wellesley. The challenge is to create a persuasive project promoting a local resource, policy or behavior change that makes Wellesley greener. Get creative! Make a commercial, infographic, poem, letter, or artwork to show what changes you recommend our town and citizens should make, and the environmental benefits. Entries are encouraged from both individuals, and teams composed of up to 3 students. Winning entries for Elementary, Middle and High School levels will be selected by
Wellesley Green Schools
, and will be recognized at the Wellesley STEM Expo on April 6, 2019. For more details and resources to help get started on an entry,
Call for Exhibitors!
in the Wellesley STEM Expo
Mark your calendars!
Saturday, April 6th
from 10am-2pm, Wellesley Education Foundation (WEF) will be holding the Fourth Wellesley STEM Expo
. This event is a
hands-on, interactive exposition focused on science, technology, engineering and math.
We want the Wellesley community to help shape Expo and make it yours!
Parents Of Performing Students (POPS) happenings
COME TO THE CABARET!
Wellesley Parents of Performing Students (POPS) invites you in our inaugural benefit event - POPS Cabaret 2019. This much anticipated gala will take place on Friday, February 8, 2019 at the The Center for Arts in Natick (TCAN).
We have some amazing and unique auction items! To name just a few:
- Harry Potter & The Cursed Child NYC getaway with 2 nights at the NYC Ritz Carlton - SOLD OUT SHOW!
- Oyster & Beer tasting experience for your party of 6 at the highly acclaimed Row 34
- VIP seating at 4 performances at WMS and/or WHS in the 2019-2020 school year, includes reserved parking
- Hamilton NYC getaway with a night's stay at the Grand Hyatt - SOLD OUT SHOW!
- You and a friend will enjoy one of Amy Lipton's fabulous cooking classes at Joyful Kitchen
- Hit the links with your foursome for 18 holes of golf at Wayland Country Club
Be part of a magical night supporting performing arts in our community!