MESSAGE FROM THE PTSO PRESIDENTS
January PTSO Meeting - Students show the way
Wednesday, 1/9/2019, 9am, Faculty Dining Room
Join us as we focus on our students in January. We'll hear from class officers and student government leaders, learn about clubs and ERP, discuss workload expectations and using powerschool, see presentations of student projects and hear about how we can help the Wellesley Scholarship Foundation and they can help our students. We'll also approve the minutes from our October meeting. They are available
World Challenge - Peru
Making summer plans now? How about joining Dr. Cohen & Dr. Chisum on the World Challenge trip to Peru? This program is an educational experience that extends beyond the classroom and promotes intellectual curiosity, individual responsibility and respectful interaction. This 16 day trip in early July in open to all Wellesley high school students and those who will be in 9th grade next year. Click
to get more information and see the planned itinerary. Sign up dates have been extended.
Colette Aufranc & Catherine Mirick
WHS PTSO Presidents 2018-2019
- 9th - 9:00am - PTSO Meeting - Faculty Dining Room
- 9th - Half Day - Dismissal at 11:30am
- 9th - 6:45pm - GAP Year Informational Presentation, WHS Auditorium
- 18th - 6:30pm Glow Coffee House
- 23rd - Last Day of Term / Make-up Day
- 24th - 26th - 7:00pm - January Play
- 29th - 7:00pm - Band Step Up Concert
- 30th - 6:45pm - 8th Grade Parent Night
- 31st - 7:00pm - Orchestra Step Up Concert
- 1st - Senior Project Proposals Due
- 1st - 7:00pm - Sophomore Class Dance
- 6th - Half Day - Dismissal at 11:30am
Want these dates in your calendar automatically? Subscribe to the WHS Calendar
- Gap Year Presentation - Wednesday, 1/9 @ 6:45pm. The evening discusses GAP year options, how it fits in the college application process and thoughts from students who have taken them. This is done in collaboration with Weston and Wayland High Schools.
- All students: Please make sure you check your Semester 2 schedules. Half year classes will conclude on January 23rd. For sophomores & juniors, make sure you have your Guidance Seminar listed.
- Internship Opportunity: Bank of America Student Leaders program. This signature philanthropic program offers youth the opportunity to receive a paid, non-profit internship and to attend a weeklong conference in Washington, D.C. to learn about enacting positive social change.
- Scholarship Opportunities! The Wellesley Scholarship Foundation provides financial assistance to college bound Wellesley students through need and merit based scholarships. Applications are due February 1st
Your PTSO $$ at Work
The Community page on our website is live! We'll be highlighting a different section of it each week. Let us know if your group, booster club or organization should be included on the page!
"The Bradford" Wellesley High School's premier student news publication. Subscribe to the print edition or
Wellesley Cotillion 2019: Recap
Wellesley PAC Coffee
Please join the Wellesley PAC for our next monthly coffee on Thursday, January 10. The coffee will be held from 9-10:30 am at the home of Christine Mizzi at 16 Suffolk Road. It is a nice opportunity for parents and caregivers to get together, share information and offer support to one another.
The schedule for the remainder of the year is:
- Thursday, February 7
- Thursday, March 7
- Thursday, April 4
- Thursday, May 2
- Thursday, June 6
School Committee Office Hours:
- January 10, 9 to 10am - Tolles Parson Center
- February 14, 7 to 8pm, WHS Faculty Dining Room
- March 14, 9 to 10am - Great Hall, Town Hall
- April 11, 7 to 8pm, Wellesley Library, 2nd floor conference Room
- May 9, 9 to 10am - Great Hall, Town Hall
- June 13, 7 to 8pm WHS Faculty Dining Room.
Any community members who wish to engage with the Committee but cannot attend office hours are encouraged to participate in Citizens Speak at a future meeting, or email the Committee at
Recycling in Crisis
Talk by RDF Superintendent
Massachusetts' Waste Problem, Recycling in Crisis, and Why We're Focused on Food Waste" is the title of a talk by Jeff Azano-Brown, Wellesley's Recycling and Disposal Facility Superintendent, which will be held on
Jan. 31, 2019, at 7 p.m. at the
Unitarian Universalist Society of Wellesley Hills. The talk will be held over dessert and coffee, and is free and open to the public. It is co-sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Wellesley, Sustainable Wellesley, and The Green Sanctuary Ministry Team of UU Wellesley Hills.