MESSAGE FROM THE PTSO PRESIDENTS
Thanks for all who came to the Guidance coffee on Friday! Check out the
and the Challenge Success info below for more information on what was discussed.
Make sure your voice is heard. Please complete
the Challenge Success Parent Survey by 11/13. We need at least 50% participation to make the results valuable. Click here to access the survey.
Ahead: PTSO Meeting 11/15 in Boston
Mark your calendars for the combined WHS and WMS PTO meeting in Boston. This is a great opportunity to hear from Superintendent David Lussier, WMS Principal Mark Ito and WHS Principal Dr. Jamie Chisum.
Please join us
Thursday, November 15th, 7:00PM
at the Shelburne Community Center (2730 Washington Street, Roxbury, MA, 02119).
Make an evening of the event! - go for dinner in Boston with friends, arrange carpools.
Can You Spell?
We are looking for three parents volunteers for the WHS parents BEE team on November 14th 7pm at Sprague. No previous experience needed! Please email
if you are interested. This is simply a fun event to raise money for our schools through WEF - see below
Colette Aufranc & Catherine Mirick
WHS PTSO Presidents 2018-2019
- 7th - 7.00pm - Junior Auction kickoff meeting, WHS Library
- 8th - 9:00am - PAC coffee, 16 Suffolk Rd
- 8th, 9th, 10th - WHS Musical "Spamalot"
- 14th - 6:45pm - Guidance Dept. College Planning Night for Junior Parents, WHS Auditorium
- 14th - 7:00pm - WEF Spelling Bee, Sprague Gym - see below
- 15th - 7:00pm - PTSO Meeting in Boston
- 16th - Winter Sports Physicals due to School Nurse - see below
- 22nd - 26th - Thanksgiving recess
- 30th - 9:00am - Principal Coffee, Faculty Dining Room
Want these dates in your calendar automatically? Subscribe to the WHS Calendar
Challenge Success Parent Survey
Last week parents/guardians should have received an email from Principal Chisum asking for your participation in the 2018 Challenge Success Parent Survey. The survey will remain open for your feedback until November 13th. If you have not done so already, please follow this
link to take the survey
. Your input is greatly appreciated! If you have any questions please check out the
Challenge Success White Paper on College Admissions
WHS FALL MUSICAL - MONTY PYTHON'S "SPAMALOT"
November 8th, 9th and 10th
Showtimes as follows:
- Thursday, November 8th - 4.30pm
- Friday, November 9th - 7pm
- Saturday, November 10th - 2pm and 7pm
Tickets are $20 for adults, $10 for students and seniors.
and choose Tickets - Assigned Seating. Get them while you can - tickets sellout quickly!
Not appropriate for children under 13.
Did you miss a meeting? Slides are available on the website!
Junior Parent Night
Wednesday, 11/14, 6:45pm, WHS Auditorium
Get started thinking about post-graduate plans for your student.
Take a moment to browse through the
- especially if you are interested in finding out more about:
- Important deadlines for seniors and senior parents about 1st term grade transmissions, transcripts, financial aid and more
- MCAS retake information
- NACAC's Performing and Visual Arts college fair
- Audition workshops for performing arts students
- Philanthropy leadership learning opportunity for High School students
- WHJWC Scholarship application information
Freshman and new students at WHS must have current physical exams on file
If you have not already done so, please submit a copy of a physical exam dated 8/1/2017 or later to our office.
Winter Sport Physicals are due in the nurses office by November 16th. For more information click here.
WHS Nursing Staff
YOUR PTSO DONATIONS AT WORK:
High top tables and chairs are dotted around the cafeteria and office areas for quieter gatherings, quick conferences with teachers and more.
Donate or update/connect your Amazon Smile support
Learn more about your PTSO $$ at work
JUNIOR PARENTS - SAVE THE DATE
November 7th, 7pm
Please come join us to learn about the Junior Auction - the main fundraiser for all Junior and Senior activities, including Junior Boat Cruise, Senior Prom, and Senior Banquet. There are many different volunteer opportunities and different commitment levels. We REALLY need everyone to help out! It's a big undertaking and the more volunteers we have, the less work for everyone.
We will be meeting at the High School in the library. If you can't make it, please reach out to
if you are interested in helping out. There will be more information coming, including sign-ups for the various committees.
Hope to see you on the 7th!
Wellesley PAC Coffee
Please join the Wellesley PAC for our next monthly coffee on
Thursday, November 8
. The coffee will be held
from 9-10:30 am
at the home of Christine Mizzi at
16 Suffolk Road
. It is a nice opportunity for parents and caregivers to get together, share information and offer support to one another.
with any questions about the PAC. We hope to see you at any upcoming coffee!
Saturday, November 17th, Wellesley High School
Sponsored by the Wellesley Hills Junior Womens Club. More information is
TOWN OF WELLESLEY INFORMATION
School Committee Holds Office Hours
The School Committee is pleased to continue to schedule 'office hours' which provide the community an opportunity for engagement with one or two members of the Committee on a monthly basis. Sessions are currently scheduled for:
November 15, 9 to 10 am - Felix Juliani Room, Town Hall
December 13, 7 to 8 pm - Arnold Room, Wellesley Free Library.
Community members who wish to engage with the Committee but cannot attend office hours are encouraged to participate in Citizens Speak at a future meeting, or email the Committee at
School Building Committee
Are you interested in keeping informed on all the school building projects happening in Wellesley? Sign up for the
School Building Committee newsletter
. Their meetings are also open to the public and available via Wellesley Media.
WELLESLEY EDUCATION FOUNDATION
Get your T-E-A-M together! Registration is open for WEF's 29th Annual Spelling Bee
Wednesday, November 14th, 7pm at the Sprague School Gym
our community adult spelling contest and fundraising event is back for the 29th time!
This high spirited community event is right around the corner! How to catch the buzz:
- Support the Bee -- CLICK HERE to make a donation or sponsor a high school, middle school or community team. Many levels are available for sponsorship from $125 to $2500. The Bee is our biggest fundraiser of the year! Any amount is appreciated.
- Bee a Team -- CLICK HERE to register a team of three spellers for $500. Who knows whom you may be spelling against that night? Last year 54 teams participated in the Bee! Deadline for registering a team is October 19th.