MESSAGE FROM THE PTSO PRESIDENTS
Support the PTSO while you shop!
This holiday season, do your regular Amazon shopping
Order your WHS yearbook now
Details on ordering, senior portraits, ads, etc are available on the Wellesleyan YBK page
Career Connections - Can you help?
Are you a Back Stage Manager?
A Rocket Scientist?
Do you own your own business?
PTSO is looking for help from our parent/guardian community to support the WHS Guidance Department in its continuing efforts to provide students with information about potential careers and jobs. Specifically, we are reaching out to those in our community who have a unique, distinctive or one of a kind job. Do you hold such a job? Would you be willing to help our students by sharing with them information on your unique position? We are still in the process of determining exactly how this information will be shared with students but if you are open to helping us, please let us know by sending an email to Connie Burton, WHS PTSO, Co-Vice President, at
Colette Aufranc & Catherine Mirick
WHS PTSO Presidents 2018-2019
- 6th - 7:00pm - Choral Concert, WHS Auditorium
- 14th - 9:00am - Coffee with the Director of Guidance, Faculty Dining Room
- 13th & 14th - One Act Festival
- 24th - January 1st - Winter Break, No School
Want these dates in your calendar automatically? Subscribe to the WHS Calendar
Students continue to talk about
healthy sleep habits
in Advisory. This week's discussion question is...
"Are you just as sleepy on weekends or during school vacations as you are during the school week?"
The groups will then discuss strategies for improving sleep. Ask your student about their key learning from these talks.
Please visit the
Challenge Success @ WHS website
for videos students watched to introduce key topics, see some fun student output and find related articles.
- December 14th, 9am, Coffee with the Director of Guidance in Faculty Dining Room - This month's topic will address Challenge Success' Work Load initiative. Dan Levine, founder of Engaging Minds, will be speaking.
- All students - December 5th is the final day to withdraw from a year-long course without the course being posted to your transcript.
- Attention Juniors - PSAT results are anticipated to be released to students via email on December 11th. Counselors will be distributing test booklets in Junior Guidance Seminars in January. if you would like to pick it up in advance you may do so by seeing your counselor.
- Attention Seniors & Senior Parents:
- The first time you are requesting transcripts you need to do so three weeks prior to the deadline (this does not include vacation days). Subsequent requests need 5 business days.
- Now is the time to obtain your FSA ID. The FSA ID is the Username and Password that will be helpful when filing their original FAFSA and accessing FAFSA information as required. See link to register now. FSA ID.
- Wellesley Hills Junior Women's Club (WHJWC) Now accepting scholarship applications. WHJWC scholarship page
HAPPENINGS AT THE HIGH SCHOOL:
Is your student busy after school? The Enrichment Recreation Program (ERP) is available to all students free, on a drop in basis. Check one out!
Ping Pong starts this week!
Is there a special event or activity you would like parents to know more about? Contact us at email@example.com and help us build school spirit.
SHINE A LIGHT on WEF
during the season of giving with a gift that will benefit every child in the Wellesley Public Schools.
Wellesley Education Foundation (WEF) is passionate about continuing to advance the excellence of our school system through our grants program. Thanks to the support we received at this time last year, WEF provided nearly $260,000 in grants to the Wellesley Public Schools in 2018. We support educator-led innovation in the classroom, professional development, and initiatives that span all grade levels and every school in the District.
SHINE A LIGHT on WEF to inspire both the hearts and minds of our students, and make a profound investment in our community.
Wellesley PAC Coffee
Please join the Wellesley PAC for our next monthly coffee on
Thursday, December 6, from 9-10:30am.
The coffee will be held at the home of Christine Mizzi at
16 Suffolk Road
. It is a nice opportunity for parents and caregivers to get together, share information and offer support to one another.
2019-2010 School Calendar:
The draft calendar for next school year is available on the WPS website
Office Hours: The School Committee is pleased to continue to schedule office hours' which provide the community an opportunity for engagement with one or two members of the Committee on a monthly basis. Sessions are currently scheduled for:
December 13, 7 - 8 pm - Arnold Room, Wellesley Free Library. 2019 Dates will be available soon.
PTSO Blast - Translated!
Would you prefer to read our PTSO blast in another language?
to view it on our website via Google Translate. The link should be live by Wednesday of each week.