Summary of the December 18 Board Meeting
- New Trustee Anne Fazioli-Khiari was sworn in to office, and Trustee Brooke Day was sworn in to her second term on the board.
- At their annual organization meeting, Karyn Bechtel was named the president of the board and Brooke Day is clerk of the board.
- Principal Maijala and 5th Grade Teacher Rebecca Bowe presented an update on the Social Studies adoption. The board expressed their appreciation for the information and for the social studies instruction that is happening in our classrooms.
- Principal Hovland and Director Shah presented an update on our district's alternative TK eligibility criteria. The presentation provided clear and transparent information for our community about the admission criteria, aside from age, to our TK program.
- The Board approved the 2020-21 academic year calendar (attached). Staff also presented draft calendars for the 2021-22 and 2022-23 school years (attached), which reflect necessary changes to accommodate the construction at both of our school sites. The Board will revisit these two calendars at a later date in the spring.
- The Board supports moving forward with Summer School. Summer school will take place June 15 - July 9 (19 half days) at Corte Madera School. We will soon be sending out the posting for the positions, and will begin organizing the logistics of the program after hiring the Coordinator.
- The Board approved the First Interim Budget and Positive Certification report that CBO Ngo provided.
click on "Meetings", then "December 18, 2019", then "View the Agenda".