10550 Ray Road, Ponte Vedra, FL 32082 904-547-8300 - Main Office
Office Hours: 7:30am to 4pm
We have made it through week 3 - yeah! We have more students working, but still have about 500 students that are not submitting work in all of their courses. It is very important for students to understand that a 4th quarter grade will be awarded (even for electives) and it will be used to calculate a semester grade or a year-long grade in an EOC course. If there is a unique situation that we need to know about, please share so we can help your child be successful.
Questions about courses - contact the teacher
Questions regarding Schoology - contact Carolyn Milian (547-8367) or Jennifer Druggan (547-8291)
Questions regarding Technology - contact John VonHagen (547-8327) or Shaun Weiss (547-8378)
Questions regarding your child's IEP - contact their case manager
Questions regarding anything guidance related - contact the assigned guidance counselor (Please see guidance section below for contact information.)
Hot spots were delivered to Nease from the district yesterday. We had pick-up today from 1-3pm, but only 50% were distributed. If you submitted that you needed a hot spot and were not able to pick-up today, please call Mrs. Cullipher at 547-8376 on Monday between 7:30am and 4pm to make pick-up arrangements.
Athletic Department Announcement
All Fall Sports are scheduled to start on July 27, 2020. Although some may have summer camps and/or conditioning programs, no official tryouts or practices will take place before Monday July 27. Fall sports include Football, Cross Country, Swimming, Volleyball and Golf. If you have questions specific to your athlete’s sport, coaches’ contact information can be found on neaseathletics.com. The registration process has not yet opened for the 2020-21 school year. An announcement will be made in the Panther Press and an email sent to all families when the registration process opens.
Below are several resources to help you and your child with online learning.
Please take a few minutes to read the helpful PowerPoint created by the Nease Guidance Department.
Below is a link to a weekly organizer, if you feel this would be beneficial for your child.
Parents, do you have questions about Schoology, such as how to create an account?
Students CAN do conferencing on their smartphone only if they log into Schoology through the web browser on their phone (Safari, Chrome, etc). Most kids have the Schoology app, and the app can do everything except the conferencing portion.
Student and parents should access Schoology through our school webpage under “Links for Students”
If a Google search for Schoology is done, then you will not have the necessary credentials to be able to access NEASE'S Schoology site. Please ensure you are using Chrome or Firefox with Schoology as Internet Explorer does NOT work well.
Academies Across District Awaiting Decision on Summer Internships
At this time the Career and Technical Education office has not yet made a decision regarding whether summer internships for Academy Juniors will proceed this year. If your Junior has been taking part in the Academy Internship Application Process, we are currently on hold. If your student submitted his/her resume and cover letter by the March 6
, I have emailed each student directly with information from the district office, as well as links and information regarding interview skills. Students need to read that email, and respond.
Academy Coordinator | Nease High School
Jacqui Ashcroft, Testing Coordinator
SAT June 6, 2020
– we have been informed by CollegeBoard that this exam has been canceled. Students who will graduate in 2021 and have not previously taken an SAT will be given early access to the August, September and October test dates.
SAT going forward – due to the cancellations of exams due to COVID-19, providing it is safe from a public health standpoint, SAT will be held each month until the end of the year:
August 29, 2020
September - new administration, date TBA
October 3, 2020
November 7, 2020
December 5, 2020
Dates for the administration of ACT and SAT for the academic year 2020 – 2021 are all available on the testing website.
Upcoming Scholarships & College Visits
- Sons of Italy in American, St. Augustine Lodge #2780- Due April 17th
- Jacksonville Urban League- Due April 28th
- Palm Valley Community Charity Scholarship- Due April 25th
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund- Due April 26th
- Give Kids a Chance- Due April 30th
- Board of Realtors Scholarship Extension- Due April 30th
Here are the School Counselor caseloads and appointment links:
School Counselor Schoology Access Codes:
Kim Hollis: BGH5-75RG-2764H
Yasmin Cuevas: 2QFX-6TP9-KDM6F
D’Erica Gibbs: 62KW-KV3X-N89S2
Athena Kifah: 42PP-RSCS-SHT89
Lisa Smith: Z7CW-T7VT-83H5R
Daphne Harden: TW7J-83S9-7JFVN
Missy Kennedy: 2455G-HDSHG
Course Registration for the 2020-2021 School Year:
Course registration for the 2020-2021 school year are complete.The final day to make any changes to academic/core courses is Sunday, July 12
. If you wish to change a course recommendation from standard to honors, or from honors to AP, a course petition must be completed. Please use the following link:
Community Service Hours:
If you have any community service hours you can scan, take a picture, or forward your paperwork to the Guidance Department Secretary Mrs. Maria Perricone at
University of North Florida
is closely monitoring the outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and has implemented the following changes to protect the health of prospective students. Students will be given the option to change their start term from Summer to Fall 2020: Here is a link for additional details:
Carolyn Milian – School Librarian Media Specialist
Lorna Patterson – Media Clerk
Media Mondays with Milian!
Now posted on Schoology in our “Nease High School Media Center” group page and ALL students always have access to it. Please encourage your student to watch the videos and reach out to me if they have any questions. I’m trying to maintain some sense of “normalcy” with them and let them know I haven’t stopped thinking about them. Here is the link for this this past
Tuesday, Apr. 17
FREE Reading/Audiobook resources!
has provided ALL our students with access to more than 1,500 of ebooks through their app. Students can download the app to their phone or device, search for our school (Allen D. Nease High School). To login they will use their s# (s######) and their password they use for Schoology and all other district apps. Once they are in, they will see all the ebooks they can “check out” and read on their devices or one of the 28 audiobooks we currently own.
St. Johns County Public Library
– students and parents can now get an instant eCard and have access to thousands of ebooks and audiobooks through our county public library!
– is currently allowing FREE audiobooks to all students! If you have an Amazon account, you can simply login with those credentials and have immediate access to all their audiobooks!
4. Our Nease students can STILL check out library books from our library. On M, W, & F – I will meet them in the bus loop between 12:30 and 1:30 p.m. to hand them the books they would like. However, first they must check our online card catalog –
to find the book(s) they would like. Then they will need to email me or message me on Schoology listing the titles they would like to check out and the day they want to pick up their book(s). I will have the book(s) ready for them in the bus loop. Students will need to have their student ID with them at the time of pick up. Please make sure your student is enrolled in our “Nease HS Media Center” group page on Schoology. If your student is not in that group, he/she can simply join by using this access code:
. This is how I am able to communicate media center news and events with all our students.
Schoology/Online textbooks Troubleshooting
As you can imagine, traffic on the Schoology platform has increased tremendously, as many school districts across the country are now using this learning management system. Therefore, many students, parents, and teachers may be having some struggles accessing online materials during high traffic times, which tend to be between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. So, I’d like to share some “troubleshooting tips” in case you can’t get a hold of me or someone else to help you.
1. Try re-starting your computer all together. (easy and sometimes works wonders)
be using Chrome or Firefox as your browser. Schoology does not “play nice” with IE or Microsoft Edge and has some issues with Safari.
3. Access ALL student links and resources through our school website:
4. Avoid saving passwords and usernames if you have more than 1 student sharing computers/laptops.
5. For those of you that utilize Microsoft Office 365, Schoology will NOT run if you have MO365 open.
6. ALL students should use their username and password in lower case: ie:
and their password is an animal or object followed by a number.
If after all these troubleshooting tips have been exhausted, please reach out to me at
or at 547-8367 between the hours of 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. for additional support.
Parents and students – please do not hesitate to reach out to me at any time during this journey together. I am here to support you, our students, and our teachers. It takes a village, and those words have never rung more true than during this moment in history. Be safe, stay healthy and KEEP ON READING!
Attention Sophomore students!
Are you interested in becoming a part of our chapter next year during your Junior year? Then the time to start planning and preparing is now! Interested Juniors MUST have a weighted GPA of 3.80 sharp by the start of their Junior year and a minimum of 40 community service hours already documented with their school counselor. For more information, please click on our webpage link below. If you have additional questions, please contact Mrs. Milian, our chapter Adviser, at
I met virtually with the Senior Class President and Vice President this week to brainstorm ideas for a senior celebration once we are allowed to host an event. We had a good discussion and I feel confident that we will be able to offer an event that the seniors will enjoy.
We did receive a response from the tour company regarding the letter we sent about GradBash. The company stated they are a non-essential business and are currently closed. They can discuss a refund with us whenever they re-open.
Cap & gowns are supposed to go in the mail on Monday. Please be on the look-out.
Yearbooks will not be delivered until May. If we have not returned to school when they arrive, we will develop a plan for pick-up.
Textbooks & Honor Cords
We are waiting to hear if we will be returning to school in May or not. If not, we will develop a plan for textbook return and for students to pick-up their honor cords.
*******************Everything below is from last week.************************************************************
- UNF told Mr. Forson we could not hold graduation in May or at a later date in the summer.
- Not knowing what is happening with COVID-19, Mr. Forson made the announcement that all schools will hold a virtual graduation.
- The district has signed a contract with a company that creates virtual graduations for universities, so the video will be professionally created.
- The video still allows us to customize with our own traditions and graduation speeches.
- Soon (around a week or so) students will receive an email with directions on uploading a picture for the virtual ceremony. I will definitely let you know when to look for the email, because there will be a deadline for submitting your photo.
- The virtual graduation will be streamed at our scheduled graduation date and time - Friday, May 22nd at 7pm.
Caps & Gowns
- We use a rental gown for graduation, so Joston's has ordered a keeper gown for every senior who had placed their order for a cap & gown. The keeper gown, cap & tassel will be mailed to your house the week of April 20th. This will allow you to take a picture in your cap & gown to submit for the virtual graduation.
- The keeper gown will be yours to keep.
- All of the money that we collect for GradBash goes to Universal Studios and charter buses.
- Universal requires that we go through a tour company for booking dates, tickets and charter buses.
- Last week we submitted a letter to Universal and the tour company requesting a refund since we had to cancel due to COVID-19. Ms. Hurst followed up today, but we are waiting on a response.
- Until the tour company receives a refund from Universal and we receive a refund from the tour company, we (Nease) have no money to refund. We will keep you updated on the status of our request.
- The $55 standard graduation fee charged to seniors covers rental of UNF, security, programs, diplomas, diploma covers, etc.
- The upgraded $75 fee (extra $20) included senior t-shirt, assembly & picnic. (We will refund the assembly & picnic portion of this extra $20 at a future date.)
- We will have the cost of the virtual graduation, diplomas, diploma covers, programs and our senior celebration whenever it is allowed to happen.
- Until we know all of our costs, we can't determine a dollar amount to refund.
- We will provide a partial refund at a later date.
- Cords for honor societies and career academies will still be ordered.
- Not sure about distributing these yet - depends upon if/when we return to school.
- We will still print a program for graduation that will list all names.
If you have questions that I have not answered, please email me and I will start a list for next week's Panther Press.
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL FOR SENIORS IS STILL Tuesday, May 12th.
Please join the Remind group if you have not already done so…text @9bdfbf8 to 81010
Seniors, join the Class of 2020 Schoology group for easy access to senior class information. The Schoology access code is: 3X7B-KCXN-32JZZ