I hope your child is as excited as we are to start the new school year on Monday! Please remember students can enter the campus at 8:30am and 1st period starts at 9:20am this year. We are looking forward to a great year!
Schedules are available on HAC, but they may change by Monday morning, so please check throughout the weekend or first thing Monday morning. We were balancing sections late into the evening yesterday and are continuing today, Saturday, along with entering the 20 students that enrolled Friday. We have registration appointments scheduled all day every day next week excluding Monday. As new students enroll adjustments to classes will continue to be made, which could cause a change in your child's schedule.
Our first School Advisory Council (SAC) meeting is August 29th at 8am in conference room 104 in main office. This meeting is open to all parents.
A yellow line has been painted in the parking lot to divide the junior and senior parking areas. Juniors will park west of the line in the area in front of the clinic and in the gravel lot. Seniors have the rest of the parking lot. Parking is first come, first serve this year excluding the reserved numbered spots for seniors in the top 20 and auctioned spots. Students MUST have a parking tag clearly displayed or they risk having a boot placed on a tire, which will immobilize the vehicle and will cost $25 to remove.
The shopping center at the corner of Ray Road and US 1 has posted signs that parking is for shoppers only and all others will be towed. The manager of the center called Nease to tell me they will be towing. The manager of a towing company came to Nease looking for a point of contact when he tows cars, so I think the shopping center will be following through this year with towing. Students who chose to park in the shopping center lot are parking at their own risk.
Zero hour class with Mr. Lee and Mrs. Pantano will start at 8:15am and end at 9:10am MTRF. There will be no zero hour class on Wednesdays. Students MUST be at the student gate at 8:10am to be escorted to their portables. Don't be late!
The link below is a picture of the parent loop with directional arrows. Please view so we do not have any accidents in the parent loop with vehicles traveling the wrong direction. When dropping off or picking up students we ask that you pull all the way forward to the end of the loop, so as many cars can get in the loop as possible. Students can only enter and exit vehicles next to the sidewalk. We will not let them walk to your vehicle down the line of cars. They must wait until you are next to the sidewalk. We ask that students have their belongings ready and exit the vehicle as quickly as possible to keep traffic flowing. We also ask that you do not change drivers while dropping off in the loop. Lastly, for the safety of everyone we ask that cell phones are NOT used while driving in the parent loop.
Lunch schedule for 19-20
Students MUST eat in the cafeteria or at the outside tables in O-pod courtyard. In a couple of weeks students who want to eat or work in the Media Center during lunch will be able to pick up a pass in the mornings on a daily basis. There will be 50 passes available for each lunch period every day.
This year when purchasing food in the cafeteria using a lunch account, students must scan their School ID OR go to the one line that will be available for students without an ID. Students will no longer enter a PIN to pay, which will prevent someone from using someone else's PIN. It is very important that students keep up with the School ID we give them. Replacement IDs cost $5 each. We will be flexible in the cafeteria this week, since not every student has their ID yet.
We will not be administering tardy passes this week, so students can learn the fastest route to their classes. We will issue tardy slips to class starting on Monday, August 19th, so please tell your child not to stress that we will help them the entire first week with finding rooms.
Please mark your calendar for this year's Open House on Tuesday, August 27th at 6pm. During Open House you will follow your child's schedule spending 10 mins in each classroom.
Nease enforced an earbud policy last year of ONE earbud only while outside and during lunch. For safety concerns, the ONE earbud only policy is now district-wide. Earbuds will be confiscated and returned at the end of the day, if both earbuds are being used. Earbuds are never allowed in classrooms, which includes the media center, gym, and auditorium. When earbuds are taken, they are recorded as a dress code infraction.
The expectation at Nease is that students take pride in their appearance and dress appropriately for school every day. Please view the dress code, so you can ensure your child is dressed appropriately.
We do have a full-time nurse on campus. If you have medication that needs to be given to her, please stop by and see her between 9am and 4pm.
The first football game against Paxon was scheduled to be away, but due to issues with Paxon's field the game will now be at Nease this Friday night, August 16th at 7pm. Come support our Panthers!!
NJROTC is holding its unit open house on Thursday, August 22 from 6:30-8:00 pm in the ROTC classroom.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS! School picture day is September 12. Your child will receive a pre-order form in late August.
SENIOR PORTRAIT DEADLINE To have your senior's portrait included in the yearbook, a portrait photo session must be done at Leonard's by Sept. 23. Only portraits taken with Leonard's can be included in the yearbook senior section. Go to
to book your appointment.
*********************Everything below in this section is a repeat from last week.********************************
If students did not attend or attended but didn't get to take care of everything, below is the plan.
- Schedules will be available on HAC this Friday evening. Students will receive a hard copy of their schedule in 1st period on day 1. New students that don't have access to HAC and don't know their 1st period, can go to guidance in C-pod on day 1 and we will assist them. There is a strong possibility that your child's schedule will slightly change. We have @70 students to enroll this week and sections will need to be balanced to meet class-size amendment requirements.
- Students that are missing a period need to report to the auditorium during that period. Students may NOT go to the auditorium for any other reason.
- For scheduling errors that need to be fixed, please use the form at this link to have errors addressed: https://tinyurl.com/nhsscheduleerror This will continue to be the only way to address any scheduling concerns. ALL SCHEDULING CONCERNS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED THROUGH August 13TH @4:00PM Below are the ONLY APPROVED REASONS for a change to your schedule; (any other requests will not be looked at)
- You are in a class for which you have already received a passing grade.
- You are a senior and your schedule is missing a class you need for graduation.
- You are missing the next course in the progression from a course already taken. (For example: You passed Spanish 1 last year, but Spanish 2 is missing from your schedule.)
- IDs that have been printed (returning Nease students and students from PBMS or VRA that were enrolled during picture day) can be picked up during lunch the first few days of school. All other students will have their picture taken for an ID during the week.
- English 1 teachers will take students to Media Center on Wednesday for textbooks and picture for ID, if needed.
- English 2 teachers will take students to Media Center on Tuesday for textbooks and picture for ID, if needed.
- English 3/AP Lang teachers will take students to Media Center on Thursday for textbooks and picture for ID, if needed
- English 4/AP Lit teachers will take students to Media Center on Friday for textbooks and picture for ID, if needed.
- Students can also check out textbooks starting on Tuesday, August 13th before school at 8:30am or after school until 4:30pm.
- PE Uniforms will be sold during class the entire first week of school. Send cash or check made payable to Nease HS - T-shirts ($10) and shorts ($10)
- Parking tags can be picked up Friday, August 9th between 8 a.m.-11 a.m.
- Passes will be available for pick up with Mrs. Cioffi in Room C-119. Student must bring a COPY of the following:
- 1. Driver’s License
- 2. Registration
- 3. Insurance Card
- We are unable to make copies on campus during the event and no passes will be provided without all three documents. If possible, please copy all three documents onto ONE sheet of paper.
- If your student has a leaner’s permit, the student will be able to pick up their pass during the school year from Mrs. Cioffi in Room C-119 once the student has been awarded a driver’s license. Copies of the Driver’s License, Insurance and Registration will be required at the time of pick up.
Senate Bill 7026 has new safety and security measures for districts to follow. One of the new measures is that each school monitor the points of entry/exit during school arrival and dismissal times. What does this mean for Nease? The student gate will be CLOSED until 8:30am every morning. If students have a zero period or athletic practice, the teacher or coach will have to meet students at the gate to let them on campus. At 8:30am we will monitor the gate and students will be allowed on campus.
New bell schedules for 19-20. Due to the size of our campus and our student enrollment, we received permission from the district to add 1 minute between passing times. With the new district high school start time student hours will be 9:20am to 3:57pm and on Wednesdays 9:20am to 2:57pm.
Assembly Schedule for Nease Behavior & Procedural Expectations and Safety Training by SJCSO
- Tuesday, Aug 13th - during 2nd & 3rd - Senior Assembly
- Tuesday, Aug 13th - during 5th & 6th - Junior Assembly last names A-L
- Wednesday, Aug 14th - during 1st, 2nd & 3rd - Junior Assembly last names M-Z
- Thursday, Aug 15th - during 2nd & 3rd - Sophomore Assembly last names A-L
- Thursday, Aug 15th - during 5th & 6th - Sophomore Assembly last names M-Z
- Friday, Aug 16th - during 1st & 2nd - Freshmen Assembly last names A-L
- Friday, Aug 16th - during 5th & 6th - Freshmen Assembly last names M-Z
pecial Assemblies with Josten's
- Tuesday, Aug 20th - 2nd period - Seniors - Info regarding ordering cap/gown & announcements
- Tuesday, Aug 20h - 3rd period - Juniors - Info regarding ordering class rings