Thank you to everyone who attended a Panther Pick-up. We appreciate everyone's patience with the lines, especially during the freshman time Saturday morning. With 806 freshman, we realized that dividing the alpha into 4 time groups instead of 2 would have been better as everyone tends to arrive at the beginning of the assigned time making wait times longer.
If students did not attend or attended but didn't get to take care of everything, below is the plan.
- Schedules will be available on HAC this Friday evening. Students will receive a hard copy of their schedule in 1st period on day 1. New students that don't have access to HAC and don't know their 1st period, can go to guidance in C-pod on day 1 and we will assist them. There is a strong possibility that your child's schedule will slightly change. We have @70 students to enroll this week and sections will need to be balanced to meet class-size amendment requirements.
- Students that are missing a period need to report to the auditorium during that period. Students may NOT go to the auditorium for any other reason.
- For scheduling errors that need to be fixed, please use the form at this link to have errors addressed: https://tinyurl.com/nhsscheduleerror This will continue to be the only way to address any scheduling concerns. ALL SCHEDULING CONCERNS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED THROUGH August 13TH @4:00PM Below are the ONLY APPROVED REASONS for a change to your schedule; (any other requests will not be looked at)
- You are in a class for which you have already received a passing grade.
- You are a senior and your schedule is missing a class you need for graduation.
- You are missing the next course in the progression from a course already taken. (For example: You passed Spanish 1 last year, but Spanish 2 is missing from your schedule.)
- IDs that have been printed (returning Nease students and students from PBMS or VRA that were enrolled during picture day) will be given to students in 1st period on day 1. All other students will have their picture taken for an ID during the week.
- English 1 teachers will take students to Media Center on Wednesday for textbooks and picture for ID, if needed.
- English 2 teachers will take students to Media Center on Tuesday for textbooks and picture for ID, if needed.
- English 3/AP Lang teachers will take students to Media Center on Thursday for textbooks and picture for ID, if needed
- English 4/AP Lit teachers will take students to Media Center on Friday for textbooks and picture for ID, if needed.
- Students can also check out textbooks starting on Tuesday, August 13th before school at 8:30am or after school until 4:30pm.
- PE Uniforms will be sold during class the entire first week of school. Send cash or check made payable to Nease HS - T-shirts ($10) and shorts ($10)
- Parking tags can be picked up Friday, August 9th between 8 a.m.-11 a.m.
- Passes will be available for pick up with Mrs. Cioffi in Room C-119. Student must bring a COPY of the following:
- 1. Driver’s License
- 2. Registration
- 3. Insurance Card
- We are unable to make copies on campus during the event and no passes will be provided without all three documents. If possible, please copy all three documents onto ONE sheet of paper.
- If your student has a leaner’s permit, the student will be able to pick up their pass during the school year from Mrs. Cioffi in Room C-119 once the student has been awarded a driver’s license. Copies of the Driver’s License, Insurance and Registration will be required at the time of pick up.
Lunches will be during 4th period. The schedule will be created this week so we have the most accurate numbers to create 3 balanced lunch periods. The lunch schedule will be sent in the next Panther Press.
Link Crew Orientation for New Students
Monday, August 5th: 5:30pm to 8:30pm - 9th graders with last names A-L Tuesday
August 6th: 5:30pm to 8:30pm - 9th graders with last names M-Z
Wednesday, August 7th: 10am to noon - 10th through 12th graders new to Nease
All sessions start in the gym and are for students only.
The campus will be open this Friday, August 9th from 8am to 11am to walk the campus one last time before the first day on Monday, August 12th. Most teachers will be in their classrooms during this time.
If you have medicine for the school nurse, it can be delivered on Friday, August 9th from 8am to 11am. The clinic is in the main office.
We are looking for 2 students each day from 7:30am to 4pm to assist at the front desk this week for service hours.
ONLY students who volunteered at the front desk this summer may sign-up using the link below.
Senate Bill 7026 has new safety and security measures for districts to follow. One of the new measures is that each school monitor the points of entry/exit during school arrival and dismissal times. What does this mean for Nease? The student gate will be CLOSED until 8:30am every morning. If students have a zero period or athletic practice, the teacher or coach will have to meet students at the gate to let them on campus. At 8:30am we will monitor the gate and students will be allowed on campus.
New bell schedules for 19-20. Due to the size of our campus and our student enrollment, we received permission from the district to add 1 minute between passing times. With the new district high school start time student hours will be 9:20am to 3:57pm and on Wednesdays 9:20am to 2:57pm.
Assembly Schedule for Nease Behavior & Procedural Expectations and Safety Training by SJCSO
- Tuesday, Aug 13th - during 2nd & 3rd - Senior Assembly
- Tuesday, Aug 13th - during 5th & 6th - Junior Assembly last names A-L
- Wednesday, Aug 14th - during 1st, 2nd & 3rd - Junior Assembly last names M-Z
- Thursday, Aug 15th - during 2nd & 3rd - Sophomore Assembly last names A-L
- Thursday, Aug 15th - during 5th & 6th - Sophomore Assembly last names M-Z
- Friday, Aug 16th - during 1st & 2nd - Freshmen Assembly last names A-L
- Friday, Aug 16th - during 5th & 6th - Freshmen Assembly last names M-Z
Special Assemblies with Josten's
- Tuesday, Aug 20th - 2nd period - Seniors - Info regarding ordering cap/gown & announcements
- Tuesday, Aug 20h - 3rd period - Juniors - Info regarding ordering class rings