Happy Friday! This week the school board approved delaying the start of school to Monday, August 31st, so enjoy the extended summer!
We are waiting on the updated District calendar to schedule our Panther Pick-up days. For new Panthers, this is when students come on campus to get their schedule, textbooks, IDs, parking tags; purchase lockers and PE uniforms; and walk their schedule. Panther Pick-up will look very different from years past, because we will be required to social distance, but we feel it is extremely important for students to walk their schedule before school starts, especially the 9th graders. I am hoping to share details next Friday, so you can mark your calendar.
Link Crew will also be offering their freshman orientation this year, but virtually. Again, we hope to share details next Friday once we receive the updated district calendar.
This week we contacted every family that selected option 2 - distance learning. There is confusion about distance learning using a
synchronous model. Students in option 2 will log into a live Schoology conference every period every day to participate in their classes. Students must have access to a computer from 9:20am to 3:50pm. Students that do not log into the conference and participate in class will be marked absent.
We have been asked by many families selecting option 2, if COVID numbers decrease by August 31st and they feel more comfortable, can their child change to brick and mortar? The answer is yes. We would need the link below completed
no later than Thursday, August 27th for the student to be brick and mortar on Monday, August 31st.
I have received an overwhelming number of emails this week regarding parking tags. Unfortunately, we have more seniors and juniors wanting to drive than parking spaces. There are 169 students who did not receive a tag. We will look at space availability when schools starts to determine if we can sell more tags, even quarterly temporary tags. Right now, the focus is on preparing to open school and training teachers for synchronous distance learning. Thank you in advance for your patience.
Those students that were awarded a parking tag, need to pay the $100 fee by midnight Mon, July 27th.
In the next couple of weeks, I will be contacting families that had DE or Co-op issues with their schedule and were not on the parking list.
If you haven’t done so; please discuss with your child, their intentions to take EOC’s this fall and complete the following forms: (You received an email earlier in the week.)
Athletic Covid Update, July 24, 2020:
On July 23, 2020, the FHSAA had an emergency meeting. As a result, the start date for all fall sports, (this includes tryouts/practices start as well as competition), has been pushed back to August 24, 2020. The FHSAA Board of Directors are meeting again August 17, 2020, to evaluate the fall sport season reopening strategies from the FHSAA staff in conjunction with the Sports Medicine Advisory Committee. Please direct any questions pertaining to athletic start dates to
or call 904-547-8314.
Student schedules in HAC
Reminder that student schedules are available for a
SCHEDULE PREVIEW until Sunday, July 26
at 12:00 am. Please use this opportunity to make sure that your son or daughter has been scheduled for all academic courses needed for the upcoming year.
When viewing schedules, please keep in mind the following:
- Class periods and teachers may still change before the finalized release of schedules due to balancing of classes. However, student course placement will not change.
- Newly hired teachers may be represented by a ZZ placeholder on your student’s schedule. These placeholders will include non-instructional Nease High School Employees.
- Teacher names will be updated when schedules are permanently available in HAC.
- Off campus St Johns River State College dual enrollment courses will be reflected on your NHS schedule using a host course “SJRSC OFF CAMPUS.”
If you wish to request to have your student’s schedule reviewed because you believe an error was made, a Scheduling Review Form MUST be submitted using this link:
**Please note that this form will not accept responses after Sunday, July 26th at 12:00 am.
The schedule review form will be the ONLY WAY to request a scheduling concern. Schedule requests sent any other way WILL NOT be considered. Please do not email schedule requests to counselors or administrators.
- Schedules WILL NOT be reviewed or approved for:
- Teacher Preference
- Lunch period preference
- Class period preference (this includes changing modified periods)
- Students who do not meet Honors Criteria and request advanced level courses.
- The course being requested was not requested at registration or prior to the Spring Break deadline.
- Switching from Brick and mortal to virtual Blend.
- Nease High School is an at-capacity school which means that there are limited seats available in most of our courses. Requests for an academic or elective course change that was not requested at registration or prior to Spring Break will not be approved due to this.
Returning Student Verification & Residency
The families who have not completed the Returning Student Verification (RSV) or who have not updated residency paperwork WILL NOT have HAC access.