There have been several new emails registered this week to receive the Panther Press, so most of the information below is being repeated. Enjoy the weekend!
The district office resent the snap code information yesterday, Thu 7/25, to all guardians who have not completed the process. Incoming 9th graders and students with expired leases are the ONLY ones who have to upload residency paperwork - mortgage/lease and bills. All students going into 10th, 11th & 12th must complete the returning student verification information. ALL students must have the process completed in order to receive their schedule during Panther Pick-up. If you need assistance, please call Nease at 547-8304 and ask to speak to one of our computer operators, Ms. Mullen or Mrs. Cooler.
We are looking for 3 student volunteers on Wednesday from 9am to noon to help collate papers to place in folders for teachers. Please use the link below to sign up.
Senate Bill 7026 has new safety and security measures for districts to follow. One of the new measures is that each school monitor the points of entry/exit during school arrival and dismissal times. What does this mean for Nease? The student gate will be CLOSED until 8:30am every morning. If students have a zero period or athletic practice, the teacher or coach will have to meet students at the gate to let them on campus. At 8:30am we will monitor the gate and students will be allowed on campus.
New bell schedules for 19-20.
Due to the size of our campus and our student enrollment, we received permission from the district to add 1 minute between passing times. With the new district high school start time student hours will be 9:20am to 3:57pm and on Wednesdays 9:20am to 2:57pm.
Attention Senior Parents:
- Please mark your calendar for your child's graduation date!
- Friday, May 22nd at 7pm at UNF
- Senior class Schoology page has been created. Seniors and their parents are encouraged to join to stay informed.
If your child will be playing a sport at Nease this year, please read the letter from Mr. McCool explaining how to upload the physical and take the required safety courses through FHSAA.
Mrs. Milian, Media Center Specialist, needs LOTS of help in the upcoming weeks. Students - this is your chance to earn some easy service hours. Parents, if you are able to, please help out with "Textbook check outs" during Panther Pick Up and beyond. Please click on one of the sign up links below and sign up to help and be sure to read the description carefully. If you have any questions please contact Mrs. Milian at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you for your continued support!"
Students who were granted parking passes for the 2019-2020 school year will be able to pick up a pass during Panther Pick Up on Thursday, August 1
for Juniors and Seniors. If your student is a sophomore who purchased a spot through an auction, the parking pass will be available during Panther Pick Up on Saturday, August 3
To pick up your parking pass, you must bring
of the following with you:
- Student Driver’s License
- Vehicle Insurance
- Vehicle Registration
Please note, we will not be able to make copies for you during Panther Pick-Up or the District-wide Orientation
Frequently asked questions regarding parking:
- My student was awarded a parking tag but does not have his/her license yet? Once the student obtains a valid driver’s license, your student will bring a copy of: driver’s license, insurance and registration to Mrs. Cioffi, in C-119 and will be provided a parking tag at that time. Unfortunately, we cannot provide a parking pass until all items are provided.
- Where is my student’s parking spot? To accommodate growing demand for parking at Nease High School, new this year for spots NOT purchased through the auction, Nease will have a Green and Gold Lot- one for Seniors and one for Juniors. Students may park in any open spot in their designated area that corresponds with their parking tag. Students may NOT park in any reserved spaces.
- My student was awarded a parking tag but we forgot to bring the required paperwork or we are not available to attend Panther Pick Up. How do we get his/her parking pass after Panther Pick Up? Your student may visit Mrs. Cioffi in C-119 during the St. Johns County District open house on Friday, August 9 from 8-11 a.m. Your student will bring a copy of: driver’s license, insurance and registration and will be provided a parking pass at that time. Unfortunately, we cannot provide a parking pass until all items are provided.
- My student is sharing the parking tag with another student, what is required? Each student must provide a copy of their driver’s license, insurance and registration to be allowed to park on Nease’s campus. Only one parking pass will be provided and it will be the responsibility of the students to determine how they will share the one parking spot.
First day of school - Monday, August 12th
Panther Pick-up Dates
Seniors - Thursday, August 1st from 10:30am to 1pm.
Juniors - Thursday, August 1st from 8:30am to 10:30am
Sophomores - Saturday, August 3rd
- Last names A-L: 1pm to 2:30pm
- Last names M-Z: 2:30pm to 4pm
Freshman - Saturday, August 3rd
- Last names A-L: 8am to 10am
- Last names M-Z: 10am to noon
We do allow a sibling, parent, grandparent, aunt or uncle to attend Panther Press if the child is out of town. We ask that you please attend your assigned time to help with wait time in lines.
What is Panther Pick-up?
- Students will receive their schedule - If the snap code process has not been completed, the child can do nothing at Panther pick-up. We will have computers available and can help with the snap code process.
- Purchase a locker - $5
- Purchase PE uniform - $20 for the set
- Receive parking tag, if applicable
- Receive textbooks
- Purchase calculator for $15 if taking Algebra, LAM or Geometry
- Purchase math workbook for $20 if taking Algebra 1, Algebra 2 or Geometry
- Join PTSO
- Join IB Boosters
- Walk the campus to find classrooms
Some questions were also asked regarding the difference between Link Crew Orientation and Panther Pick-up. Link Crew is an organization at school that juniors and seniors apply to be a part of that help the freshmen with the transition to high school. Link Crew has orientation dates on August 5th & 6th for incoming 9th graders and August 7th for 10th through 12th graders new to Nease High School. The focus of Link Crew is to make students more comfortable with attending Nease by meeting some new people, learning about Nease and exploring the campus. We strongly encourage all 9th graders and students new to Nease to participate.
Monday, August 5th: 5:30pm to 8:30pm - 9th graders with last names A-L
Tuesday, August 6th: 5:30pm to 8:30pm - 9th graders with last names M-Z
Wednesday, August 7th: 10am to noon - 10th through 12th graders new to Nease
All sessions start in the gym and are for students only.
If student can not attend Panther Pick-up, they will receive their schedule on the first day of school. Lockers can be purchased during lunch all week and each grade level will be assigned a day to get textbooks from the Media Center.